Chapter 23

Okay, first off, the results of the poll as promised. And the results were completely unsurprising, since while not a whole lot of people voted, the ones who did were unanimous in saying yes, they did want me to write a Thea spinoff and honestly, I want to, I just wanted to make sure it was something people would read. I will begin working on that story soon, but I encourage you all to be patient, since this will be completely new territory for me, since not only have I never written a Thea-centric story before, I don't know a whole lot about the DC comics beyond the arrowverse. I'm not sure when exactly I'll get the new story up, but when I have the first chapter ready, I'll post a backdoor chapter of this story to lead off into it. My estimated time of posting the new story is by the end of October, though I'm for sooner. All I ask is that you be patient and not pester me about when it will be up. Now on with the story.

"So, why did Oliver go to Russia instead of Ivy Town with Thea, Roy and Moira?" Tommy asked.

"I could ask why you stayed here instead of going with them, since isn't Thea your sister too?" Laurel reminded her ex-boyfriend.

"Yeah, that's something I'm still getting used to. Especially since she flirted with me." Tommy said.

"Let's not talk about that. For all our mindsets. It's just a good thing that she never did that here. But on a similar topic, I haven't noticed you flirting with your fling of the month." Laurel said with a chuckle, which Tommy shared.

"Yeah well, now that I remember that I am capable of being in a serious relationship, I kind of want to try it again. Only problem is that the only girl I could see myself with is currently living with my best friend." Tommy said and Laurel sighed.

"Tommy, I think we both know that even if we had gotten back together, it wouldn't have been fair to you, since honestly, you were right all along. Even though I did love you." Laurel said.

"You'll always love Oliver more." Tommy said.

"It's nothing personal Tommy. It's just, with Ollie and I, there's this spark that we never had." Laurel said.

"Plus he's a hero." Tommy said.

"Hey, you've saved a fair amount of lives yourself Dr. Merlyn." Laurel reminded him of his medical degree, since one of the main reasons Tommy was on the team was to serve as their medic.

"It's not the same. Honestly Laurel, part of the reason I broke up with you was because I knew that Oliver would eventually tell you his secret and I knew that when you found out, you'd choose him. Though from what I hear, he chose someone else." Tommy said.

"Yeah, though that was really my fault." Laurel said.

"What do you mean?" Tommy asked.

"After you died, Oliver spent a few months in exile on Lian Yu. When he came back, I told him that we couldn't be together, since it would feel like we would be dishonoring your memory. Honestly Tommy, your death sent me down a very dark path because I blamed myself for it. The only reason you were at CNRI was because I was too stubborn to listen when you both told me not to go to the Glades. You died because of me." Laurel said.

"Laurel, it wasn't your fault. We both made our choices that day and I'd make that choice again in a heartbeat. Though Oliver probably would've been able to save you and get out alive." Tommy said.

"But he wasn't there Tommy. You were." Laurel reminded him.

"Laurel, we both know that the only reason Oliver wasn't there to save you was because he was trying to stop my dad from destroying the city." Tommy said.

"True." Laurel said.

"But anyways, Laurel, all I've ever wanted was for you to be happy, even if it meant you wouldn't be with me." Tommy said.