Chapter 14

"So, Malcolm's dead." Felicity said as the team regrouped at the Bunker.

"Yep. And it felt way more satisfying this time since I know that this time, he'll stay dead, since he may be a cockroach, but even those bugs still need to have their heads attached to their bodies in order to survive." Oliver said.

"So, you actually killed my father this time." Tommy said.

"Tommy." Oliver said.

"Oliver, the man you killed was not my father. I didn't see it before, but I do now. My father died when my mother did. The man who came back was someone else. Someone that the world is better off without." Tommy assured him.

"Good. Now, what's the status of exposing Malcolm's plans so that we don't look like bad guys for killing him?" Oliver asked Felicity.

"Just finished sanitizing the evidence of anything that can incriminate your mom, since if she goes down, my company could go down too, no offense." Felicity said.

"Hey, you're thinking like a CEO and I agree. Also, I think it might be time for a name change." Oliver said.

"Wait, are you actually giving me permission to change the name of the company from Queen Consolidated to Smoak Technologies?" Felicity asked eagerly and Oliver nodded.

"I think that the only one of dad's kids, by birth or legally that wanted to run the company was Emiko and I think that she sort of gave up her claim when she decided she wanted to kill us, not to mention when she blew up the building." Oliver said.

"Fair point." Felicity said, since Thea also agreed with Oliver on that.

"Besides, Queen Consolidated is the past and I for one would like to focus more on the future." Oliver said.

"Especially since that future should show you in the mayor's office." Rene said.

"I don't know about that Rene." Oliver said.

"Why not? After all, the only reason you were impeached is because Diaz set you up to fall." Rene said.

"He's gotta point Ollie. Plus, the only reason you didn't get off to a great start is because you were going solo and now you've got a whole team with you. And this time, we're not going anywhere." Thea said.

"I hope not. Especially since my second in command is in Freeland right now." Oliver said.

"John's gonna be so pissed he missed his shot to help take down Merlyn." Felicity said.

"Why is he in Freeland again? I thought that was Black Lightning's turf?" Rene asked.

"It is, but apparently one of the differences between this reality and the old one is that John has a sister." Oliver said.

"Please tell me she's better than his brother." Felicity said and Oliver chuckled.

"From what he told me, she is. She's actually General Stewart's daughter, so she's John's stepsister, but she's also Black Lightning's ex-wife according to him. He went to help his family, which I understand." Oliver said as Nyssa joined them.

"While I enjoyed watching Merlyn's death immensely, it is time for me to get going." Nyssa said.

"I know. The League needs you to keep it on the right track." Oliver said.

"Actually, I had something I want to talk to you about before I go." Nyssa said.

"And that would be?" Oliver asked.

"I think we should bring my sister into the fold, though I'm honestly surprised that you have not done so already, since Talia has likely learned of father's death and she'd likely learn of your role in it, Oliver." Nyssa said.

"So what you're saying is that she's likely going to come after me unless I get her on our side and you're right. She's a problem I should've dealt with a while ago, especially if I want to keep her from creating Chase or helping Diaz." Oliver said.

"That is not the only reason I wish to bring her into this world." Nyssa said.

"What else is there? Don't tell me you actually want a relationship with her." Thea said.

"Of course not. Talia and I are sisters in blood and name only. We are not a real family. But when I look at you and Laurel, Thea, then I see my sisters." Nyssa said and Thea smiled.

"Some bonds are deeper than blood." Thea agreed.

"It's true. And Nyssa, while you and I may not have always seen eye to eye in the past, you are family, though not my wife." Oliver said.

"Nor do I wish to be, since it is nothing personal against you, but I'd prefer someone a bit more my type." Nyssa said with a smile.

"None taken, but anyways, where are you going with this?" Oliver asked, getting them back on track.

"For so long all I desired was to be the leader of the League of Assassins, but when I finally got it, I realized something." Nyssa said.

"You hate it." Oliver guessed.

"Yes, very much so. I do not wish to remain Ra's al Ghul, but I know Talia would and she'd honor the traditions of the League and would corrupt it like Merlyn did." Nyssa said.

"You want to give Talia leadership of the League so you can get your freedom from it." Oliver guessed and Nyssa nodded.

"I was free once. I wish to be free again." Nyssa said.

"We'll find her." Oliver said.

"Good. In that case, I shall take my leave of you for now." Nyssa said and Oliver nodded as she walked out.

"Is it weird to say I'm going to miss her." Felicity said.

"Considering everything you told me about her, yes." Tommy said, causing Oliver to roll his eyes at him.

"She grows on you over time. But she is right. Talia is a problem we need to deal with now as opposed to later." Oliver said and they all nodded in agreement.

"However, there is a more immediate thing to deal with. Tommy, you know that with all the bad publicity that is going to come with this, Merlyn Global Group is going to go under." Felicity said, the businesswoman in her coming out.

"I don't care. I never wanted anything to do with that company." Tommy said.

"Yeah, but that company was what was funding your clinic, which was your mom's before you. If Merlyn Global goes under, then your clinic does too." Felicity said.

"What are you getting at?" Tommy asked.

"Whether you like it or not, your father's shares of his company likely pass to you, which makes you the majority shareholder. However, it sounds like you want nothing to do with it, am I right?" Felicity asked.

"You are. That company is nothing but a reminder of my father and I want nothing to do with him. It's why I went into medicine after my mom instead of becoming a businessman like my dad." Tommy said.

"Then sell your shares of Merlyn Global to me. It can become a subsidiary of Queen Consolidated, soon to be renamed Smoak Technologies." Felicity said.

"Works for me." Tommy said, since he had no problem selling his shares of the company to Felicity, since he wanted nothing to do with Merlyn Global Group again.