Yule Ball Practice

Ophelia sat in a chair that was placed across the room away from the boys. She looked around and saw an old radio and immediately knew what was going on.

"Oh great," she mumbled under her breath.

"The Yule Ball. A waste of time and a chance for you... idiots to dance with a girl except my daughter so get your bloody eyes off of her!" Severus snapped at 7 boys staring at his daughter, practically drooling. Ophelia giggled at her fathers outburst and stood up to stand by him.

"No need for the over protectiveness father," she chuckled as she looked at her brother.

"No one will harm her sir," Viktor said aloud for everyone to hear. They looked at the muscular boy and nodded.

"I want you all to stand! Place your right hand on the girls waist and move in a square. It's simple if you fail I'll see you in detention," Snape's emotionless voice spoke. Ophelia was asked to dance by Krum. She looked at her father and all he did was nod. They danced perfectly to the slow music.

"You are doing amazing," Viktor complimented as he picked her up and spun as she was in the air.

"You aren't so bad yourself. Ti si neveroyaten tants'or," she complimented back. Viktor blushed as she spoke Bulgarian. It was the common language back home but when she spoke it, it was different. Her British accent mixed with the Bulgarian accent. She sounded perfect.

"Vood you go with me to the dance. I know it's weeks away but I want to take you. If you allow me," Viktor asked. Ophelia looked up at the boy and smiled. A real smile that her own father hasn't seen in years or days.

"I would love too," she said as they finished dancing and stared into each other's eyes. She felt... happy with him. He bowed again and kissed her hand before he left the room. Ophelia of course stayed back with her father.

"I missed that smile of yours," he chuckled as he kissed the top of her head.

"You'll get tired of it," she said with a smirk. Her father stuck out his arm. She linked hers to his, both walking side by side with their black cloaks blowing in the wind. Her smile then faded and her father noticed.

"Is everything okay, princess?" He stopped in place and looked down at his daughter. He knew that look.

"I want to go to my room," is all she said and began to walk the opposite direction to the dungeons. "I was just happy! What the hell!" She yelled at herself. She got to the common room and ran to her room. She spelled the door so no one can get in. Ophelia grabbed her cigarette packet that she hid from her father and lit one. Then another. And another. And another. Now their gone. She put her hair up and began to keep herself busy. She knew this feeling. She's been here already. Her mind fighting with her emotions was always hell. She knew she wouldn't be coming out of her room any time soon.

"God I hate you. You were just smiling and felt happy and now you're- AAAHHH!" She threw a book at her mirror and it shattered in seconds. She began to scream and cry. There was a soft knock on the door. She knew that knock better than anyone else.

"Let it out Ophelia. You need to let it out," her father told her from the other side of the door. She closed her eyes and screamed as loud as she could.

Severus's POV

Hearing her screams broke him heart. He's never seen her truly happy in such a long time. He followed her to the dormitory's without her noticing. She slammed her door and Severus heard a lighter switch. He walked slowing to her door and heard her scream and cry. The mirror was shattered again. He knew she wasn't done. She needed to release all the anger she has locked up inside her. Powerful magic like hers and an army of dragons don't mix. The world has been getting darker. He was coming and he had to keep her safe.