Chapter Seventeen - It's Mine!

CHAPTER 17

I just stare blankly at Jack, too afraid to say anything and to make him regret what he just told me. After a while the staring became creepy so I looked away with a slight frown. "so you're gay?" was all I managed to get out. 

"Yep"

"And you were mean to me because you were hiding your true self?" I looked back over to him, watching him nod slightly "and why were you so happy this morning?"

Jacks face flushed a deep shade of red, making him cover his cheeks and look away. Taking a deep breath he looks down at his hands which he removed from his face. "Dylan and I kind of have a little secret relationship happening..."

Gasping I smile huge "Omg! Really?"

Jack looks over at me smiling widely "He asked me to be his boyfriend this morning"

"And you said yes?!"

"I said let me think about it..." I placed a hand on top of his hand to signal him I'm here. "I'm scared that once I show my true self people are going to turn on me then" I nodded and let him continue speaking without interrupting him. "I know I'm mean, but that's only because I am scared as fuck."

"you'll be alright Jack when you're ready I'm here for you. All of the gang will be."

----------

The whole Christmas holiday was going pretty good, Jack and I have gotten closer, our Parents noticing the change in our friendship immediately. Abby and I are currently on a call, and I just told her all about Jack and Dylan, without realising Taylan was next to her the whole time he heard as well. 

"So that's why he has been a huge bitch to us!" Taylan said, making me let out a little squeak. "Taylan you weren't meant to be listening... He doesn't want anyone to know" 

"who doesn't want anyone to know what?" Jack asked as he walked into the room sitting next to me, my face losing colour within a split second. "Nothing!" Squinting his eyes and nodding slowly Jack lays back on the bed, pulling out his phone. "um.. well, I'll see you soon Abby, I love you"

"I love you too Babe"

The line went dead after Abby hung up. Jack continued to text on his phone. "You told them" He muttered under his breath. Letting out a sigh I sit up a little straighter and turn to face him. "Yes, I told Abby and I may not have knowing Taylan was with her-"

"But that still doesn't give you the right to tell them" He snapped, looking me dead in the eyes. "It's not your thing to tell, it's mine!" 

"Jack I'm sorry."

"No"

He stood up walking towards his bed. "Jack.. Look-"

"Fuck off Macy! I knew I shouldn't have told you"

I stood up and walked over towards him, spinning him around. "Okay, yes it wasn't my place to tell them, but what are they even going to do Jack!?" 

"Think about it, you fucking bullied them. Yeah they could probably use it to get back at you, but we're not like that" 

Jacks face started glowing red, as his jaw clenched. Shaking my head I walk over to my bed, starting to pack up my things. If this is how it's going to be I don't even want to be in this family, I tried with Jack, and he still hates me. Yes, it definitely wasn't my place to tell them, but it's Abby... She's my god damn girlfriend, and I didn't even know Taylan was there. "What are you doing?" 

"I am leaving. I don't want to be here if you're here." Finishing packing up my stuff, I grab my phone, walking over to the door. Looking back at Jack one more time I roll my eyes. Opening the door softly, shutting it with a slam. I don't care if my Dad comes running over to me. telling me I shouldn't be slamming doors. 

Walking downstairs I started dialling Abby's phone number. No answer. Fuck. 

Once I made it to the front door, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Wait"

"I'm sorry Macy.."

Rolling my eyes I turn around crossing my arms. "I should have trusted you, I know Abby is your girlfriend, I get it.." 

"What's going on here?" Jack's Mum said as she walked out of the kitchen, with my Dad following close behind. "Why do you have your bags packed?"

"I want to leave Dad."

Sighing I look down "I need Abby..."