Chapter Five - Baseball Star

CHAPTER 5

(picture of Jack ^^)

We all arrived at school, and i still cannot get over the fact that i nearly kissed Abby last night. I should of known, i mean, when i walk down these school hall's, all i see is guy's looking her up and down. Obviously she is gorgeous, stunning, hot... But also unfortunately straight.

I was currently walking to Math with Elliot, and Kaia. The rest of the group were not in this class, which sucked, because i wanted to look at Abby's beautiful face... gosh, i need to stop. she is straight.

a sigh left my lips, as i sat down in my seat, Elliot on my left and Kaia on my right. and.... Urgh Jack. why does he have to be in front of me. This class is going to be a living hell.

I was smart, but not as smart as you think. I managed to get C's for most of my classes, but i am not the student who can get A's nearly every class. 

The teacher started to speak, talking about some X plus A something.. to be honest i wasn't listening to a single word he was saying. I reached into my bag and pulled out my math book, opening it up to a fresh page. Obviously since i was the new kid, i had to learn stuff from the middle of the year, but i guess i could ask Elliot for the older work, to see what i have missed out on.

----------

Class was finally finished and i made my way to art, happy as i ever can be, when before i knew it i was knocked to the floor, loosing my breath for the second time today.

"not so tough after all" a deep voice spoke, then laughing afterwards. 

I slowly stood up, using my good arm. I then looked at the boy standing in front of me "i'm starting to think you have a crush on me jack?" i joke, making him scoff "as if i would like a dike like you" 

"here we are again, back with the insults" i shake my head "you know if my wrist wasn't fricked up, i would punch that smug look off your face." i said, making Jack walk closer to me, starting to look angrier. 

"what you going to do Jacky boy? where is Dylan?" i asked. Jack started to clench his fist, i looked down and chuckled, looking up again "you going to punch me?" 

I just chuckled and walked even closer to him "i would like to see you try" i smirked, staring right into his eyes. My hand started to also clench tightly into a fist. 

But before i could do anything i felt someone grab my waist, i turned around angrily, and i was about to push them off, but when i saw who it was, i instantly calmed. I turned back around to face Jack "you better watch your back Jack." i said, mimicking what he said to me yesterday.

I then grabbed Abby's hand, lacing our fingers together and walking off, making sure to bump into Jack's shoulder, making him stumbled back a little.

"Abby, why did you stop me?" I asked, looking at her, as we walk to Art. Abby sighs and squeezes my hand "I...I didn't want to see you get hurt.." 

I stopped walking, making her stop as well. Abby bumping into me a little, I looked down at our hands, still being linked together. I let out a smile, and looked back up into Abby's eyes. "You were worried? For my safety?.."

Abby let out a small giggle, and starts walking, dragging me with her to class. We finally got into the class, Abby letting go of my hand. The tingling feeling disappearing, making me want to continue holding her hand, and keep her close to me. 

I sighed as i took my seat, Taylan smiling widely at the two of us "Hey Daddy Macy" he says winking, making me sigh again and let out a chuckle. "seriously?" i ask, making Abby chuckle next to me. 

The teacher walked into the class placing her books on the desk. "good morning class!" Mrs Nelson smiles "Today you'll be working pairs, for our next assignment"

The class cheered "settle down class, i will be picking your partner."

making Taylan, Abby and i groan. "Sarah H and Taylor"

"Taylan and Lisa"

"Abby and Macy"

After the teacher called out everyone's partners, i turned to Abby "wanna come over to mine after school friday, to start on our assignment?" 

Abby smiled brightly, making her dimples show, and her eyes shine. "sure"

"you can sleep over as well if you want?" i continued, Abby continuing to smile and nod her head.

----------

It's now Wednesday afternoon, and i stood on the baseball field, looking around at all the boys, who are in their sport uniforms. Coach Jake walked towards everyone with a smile on his face "good afternoon team, we have a new member is going to try out for the team."

The boys all looked at me, some scoffed and some smirked, looking me up and down. It kind of made me feel uncomfortable. "now everyone get ready! Macy, you're batting first" 

I nod at Coach Jake and walk over to the bench and grab a spare helmet and bat, making my way over to the home base. I stretched my neck, looking over to the tall boy stood on the pitcher's mound. Slightly swinging the bat, i get it in position, looking directly at the Pitcher.

The boy lifts his leg up, getting ready to pitch the ball. I tightened my grip on the bat, as he threw the ball towards me, making me hit the ball.

The ball travelled at a high speed pace, as it flew across the field. Remembering i have to run, i dropped the bat and ran to the first base, then second, then third. I look back quickly to see a outfielder, running towards me with the ball, getting ready to throw it to home base.

I Looked back forward, as i continue to run towards home base, sliding, making sure my foot lands on the base. An applause is heard from the bleachers, making me look up as i stand up, to see Abby clapping. I smiled at her then looked at the Coach who had a smile on his face too. 

Two hours later, and training finally finished. I made my way over to the benches and grabbed my bag, and water, taking a sip from the bottle. "Hey.. You did awesome today" A tallish brunette said, standing in front of me. "uh thanks" i spoke, letting out a smile.

"i'm Daniel, people call me Danny" He says, flashing a smile at me, i nod "I'm Macy" 

"well, i better get going. I have homework to do" I said, waving to Daniel. "Bye" And with that i left, running off towards Abby "You're on the team" Coach Jake yelled to me, making me look back towards him and the team. Most of the boys clapping. "congrats baseball star" Abby says, making me jump and turn around again. "i'll definitely be coming to cheer you on at you games" She continued with a smile on her face. 

A small blush crept onto my cheeks, making me look away from Abby "come on lets go"