Chapter Eighteen - Junk Mail

CHAPTER 18

I closed my eye's, inhaling then exhaling as I waited for the door to open. Opening my eyes, I look down at my watch checking the time, then back up to the door. I knock again. After a few seconds the door finally opened. "We don't need any more of your junk mail Denise- Macy... Hi?" Mrs Cooper stood at the door, looking at me with a puzzled look. 

"What are you doing here Sweetie?" She asked, then looking down to spot my bags. "Why do you have bags?" 

"I was meant to go away with my Father, his new Girlfriend and her Son for Christmas, but I cannot handle it one bit. Especially sharing a room with him..." Jan opened the door wider to let me in. Picking up my bags I walk into the house, Jan shutting the door behind me. "if Denise ever gives you junk mail again, I am happy to take them"

Jan crosses her arms, looking at me with a confused look. "We don't get junk mail..." 

"oh.. Sure?" She said nodding her head. Uncrossing her arms, she walks towards the kitchen. I dump my bags down near the door, following close behind. "Abby won't be back till 7, She is out with Mike and Taylan shopping" Nodding my head I let her continue. "You can help me cook though?" 

I agree, walking over to stand next to Jan. Starting to peel the carrots, I just realise that this is the first time Jan and I have hung out together alone. Just the two of us. Now that I have just realised that its just us, I am starting to freak out. Finishing off the carrot, I picked up another, starting to peel that one now. My mind once again thinking. 

Jan didn't seem too bad. She was a nice lady. And was married to a wonderful man Mike. She wasn't too tall, but she wasn't too short either. Her brown bangs just falling over her eyes, and the grey in her hair being well contained. Jan was just like every other typical Mother. She made sure her kids looked presented, and made sure they were well mannered, especially when at the dinner table. 

Jan turned slightly to the side, watching as I peeled the carrots. "So why are you really here?"

Looking up from peeling the carrots I look to her "Well I did miss Abby" We both chuckle, I look back down at the carrot "But I mainly just really wanted to get away from my Father's New Girlfriends Son..." 

"He goes to our School, and he is an absolute asshole! He doesn't leave either of your children alone!" I look back towards Jan placing down the carrot and peeler. "I thought punching him a few times would get it through his thick scull to leave them alone, but that  didn't happen!" 

I let out a sigh "I thought he got better after him saying sorry, and coming out to me as Gay" 

Jan continued to look at me, letting me speak "But I fucked that up by telling Abby that he was Gay...And I shouldn't have" 

I know what I said was wrong, I shouldn't of done that. "I only told Abby because I love her and she is my Girlfriend. If I knew Taylan was there then I definitely wouldn't of said anything!" 

"Wow, You love my daughter?" She smiled brightly. My breath hitched in my throat, not knowing what to say. "I-I... Is that all you got from out of all that?" 

"What about me punching Jack? You didn't hear that?" 

Jan chuckles and pulls me in for a hug "I obviously heard that Macy, but this is more important" She pulls back "You love my Daughter!" 

I giggle and nod. Squeezing my cheeks she kisses my forehead, making my insides go all over the place. No one has ever kissed me on the forehead besides my Father. I bite the inside of my cheek to stop me from letting any tears spill out. "And as for all this boy drama, maybe try and talk to him again"

"Can i stay here for the holidays though Jan?" 

Jan smiles "Of course sweetie, Now let's get the rest of dinner done shall we?" 

"Oh and maybe no more violence okay?!" She said sternly making me smile and nod. I am definitely loving Abby's Family.

Hello everyone! I am so sorry I haven't updated in such a long time!! I have been really busy with school and work. But here is a filler chapter while I work on the actual next chapter!! I hope you enjoy!