1.- Arrival

Tiring.

That was honestly an understatement.

Fuck, if she'd known it'd be this hard to live with that damn parasite she'd go way back and drag herself away from it, but no, now she's trapped with this thing.

'How much time has it been? probably a couple of years, right?'

'Ah, memory's a bit fuzzy now, wait-'

'Don't drop dead yet kiddo or else I'll just eat them all'

'Shut up' she thought, gritting her teeth together while forcing herself up, scanning her surroundings.

Blood everywhere, limbs torn apart, and broken bones- well, whatever remained of them- scattered all throughout the ground.

"(Y/N) (L/N)" said one man in the crowd.

Shit.

"Boss wants you alive" he continued "Apparently, you're the most compatible host for the experiments"

This doesn't look good.

Not one tiny bit.

God, If only she'd known Venom would come up with all this trouble.

"We recommend not to do any hasty movements" the same voice echoed throughout the woods, while the circle of still standing men surrounded her firmly, pointing all sorts of weapons directly at her.

"How much before I drop unconscious or you start eating me?" she slowly muttered, low enough to not alert the mercenaries.

'Dunno, I'm so damn hungry and your liver sounds tasty.'

"Well, isn't that great?" she scoffed "Either you eat me, or I die from these damn wounds." she hissed, sensing more heavy backup on the way.

'Can't heal you if I am this hungry kiddo, you know that.'

How irritating.

'Fuck, focus, (y/n)!' she thought. She tried to, really, but honestly? It's not as easy as it sounds when your body is covered completely in blood, your right side quite numb with endless holes of exposed flesh and muscles, and a damn hole just above your rib cage which she was pretty sure exposed some of the bone.

The wounds? She could easily deal with them. But that shitty parasite who would start eating her inside out was what irked her the most. She's already gone through that experience and, in all honesty, she would rather not repeat it - thank you very much.

'Their heads as the main course and your liver as dessert.'

"Isn't this my lucky day?" she gritted through her teeth.

________________________

"Are you sure about going out to patrol tonight?" The mouse across the room asked, tilting its head towards the skeleton-shaped man in front of him. "How much time do you have left for today?"

The skeleton man hummed, glaring at the window, the calm of the dark sky covering the city "Yes, Nezu, I must. I have a duty I must carry on as a symbol" he said while a little sigh escaped his lips "In regards to the amount of time left, it should be enough for an hour of patrol, I think"

Nezu stared at his friend for a bit. Ah, it hurt seeing him like this. Lost in thought while carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, but his words were true, nonetheless, he was a symbol and there was an image to maintain. He was a strong man, though, in moments like these it seemed as if he scolded himself for being vulnerable enough to take that big punch which had resulted in this - his abilities only being accessible for a few hours- which meant less time of hero duty.