27.- Parallels: Nightmares I

Word count: somewhere between 5k and 6k

HEY EVERYONE! MISSED YOU ALL

I think I went into an unintentional hiatus? lol, so sorry for that- it was completely unplanned, just yk, life? yeah. BUT I'M BACK AND U HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I WANTED TO GET BACK TO WRITING AND POSTING!!!!

ANYWAYS I'm peacefully eating rice rn as if I didn't just write this- *yells in angry spoilers*

ALSO I finally got back into drawing (still working on it lol) and I thought "Should I draw my OC/ how I see her) so if you wanna see it, scroll down to the endnotes! That's the image in my brain when I'm writing this story lol.

TW: THE FLASHBACKS HAVE CHILD/UNDERAGE VIOLENCE AND ABUSE (NON SEXUAL, BUT PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL), SORT OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS (FLASHBACK #2, AT THE END; HER LAST THREE THOUGHTS). PLEASE SKIP FLASHBACK IF YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE / UNCOMFORTABLE ABT THESE THINGS.

BE WARNED MY BETA COULDN'T REVISE THIS BUT I WANNA POST ALREADY SO WHO CARES - GRAMMAR'S ALRIGHT AND I THINK THE FLOW OF EVENTS IS FINE? YEA. IF NOT- IGNORE IT? PLS?

SO LIKE- IF YOU SEE SMTH WEIRD- NO U DIDN'T

LOVE U ALL.

· · ─────── · FLASHBACK: POSSIBLE TW ?· ─────── · ·

"Get out," The guard said, a cigarette hanging by the side of his mouth. The light cling of the keys dancing as a 'click' was heard- which only meant one thing: They unlocked the cell. That realization was enough to give the wary prisoner goosebumps. A harsh, dreary screech of iron scratching the floor filled the room with noise.

Her breath halted at the chirring sound.

Those were the only sounds she's heard for weeks by now. 

She detested it.

She despised it with all her guts because she knew what it meant.

"I said out, now". The guard impatiently said as he pinned his eyes on the prisoner at the opposite side refusing to move, per usual. 

"MOVE THE FUCK OUT!" He said, furiously marching into the dark corner of the room;"Fuck this, I don't care if you're a child, I'm tired of your fucking temper!" 

However, she didn't move or talk. The kid just stood there, quiet with her forehead against the wall. She still had what used to be white robes on, now turned into torn bloodstained pieces of cloth. The bloodstains were still in her arms and neck, some bits splattered against her legs. The guard's expression twisted in disgust at the ugly view.

"I have no fucking clue as to why they keep you alive!" He yelled at her, reaching his free hand towards her shoulder. "You're like a damn zombie for what I care! " He said with a manic laugh filled with disgust at the stupid child he had been assigned for weeks to watch, "How the fuck are you even breathing! You haven't eaten shit for weeks!" He said between laughter as he turned her around.