15. UA Sports Festival: V, Confusion & Determination.

PHEEW, 5645 WORDS- DAMN.

U all, please read the note at the ends! 

I decided to make the announcement via this chapter cuz not everyone follows me so if I made a post on my profile not everyone who reads this story would know.

IT'S NOTHING BAD DON'T WORRY THE STORY GOES ON, just a mini important thing regarding the next two updates?

Anyway, enjoy!

· · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

The crowd went eerily quiet for a second.

Every spectator held their breaths at the scene.

Then, there was a commotion.

Everyone roared at the sight.

Even people watching the tournament from their homes, t.v.'s, on the internet, on the streets, everyone screamed and gossiped, cheered, and exclaimed their thoughts throughout the air.

"THAT FIGHT WAS AMAZING!"

"They have such strong quirks!"

"They've been at each other's tail since the beginning?"

"Yeah, but hey-"

"Why are they embracing each other like that?"

"Hold up... isn't that Endeavor's son?"

"Yeah! and she was recommended by All Might!"

"NO WAY- ARE THEY IN THAT SORT OF RELATIONSHIP?"

"Wait, look at the way she's holding him-"

"Oh my- Oh! Is that young love between the top heroes' pupils in Japan?"

"Is that why they were arguing? Oh- to face the one you love must be awful-"

· · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

There, in the middle of the commotion was a girl fiercely gripping the boy's back through his torn uniform. Her hands were strongly wrapped around his body, crouching down with him in what remained of the once concrete arena.

Shoto had his shaking arms wrapped around her waist so tightly that it hurt her burnt skin, but she wouldn't complain, she would endure it.

She kept shielding his face from the world, resting her's on top of his. For Shoto, the curve in between her neck and shoulder seemed to be the most welcoming, comfortable, and safe place he could ever find. It was as if it was carved perfectly for him to lay there and break free, to lay there and never return.

(y/n) tried to maintain a steady pulse, not daring for the other to notice her shaking arms, nor the way her lips trembled as she shut them tightly in an attempt to quiver her own need to cry and break down there, in the eyes of the world.

Oh, she thought about that lie she told herself earlier.

'We give a good fight but not to go overboard.'

How stupid was she to even dare and claim that- that plan has been ruined- and now, she's got to face the consequences of her doings.

This time she didn't only drag herself and Venom, no. She dragged Shoto too, and she couldn't forgive herself for the pain she caused them.