29.- Under a New Light

WORD COUNT: AROUND 10K (I don't even know what to say, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A 3K-6K WORDS CHAPTER FK)

Honestly, I listened to stupid for you on repeat for the first parts of the story. 

That's it, that's all I've got to say.

This chapter was heartwarming, you all deserve this.

PLAYLISTS FOR THIS CHAPTER ARE IN THE COMMENTS HERE:

WAIT!!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PLAYLISTS!!!!

IT'S A MOOD-

ALRIGHT, KEEP ON READING.

· · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

"Alright, I think we're good to go," She said while looking at her reflection in the mirror. 

'Not bad'

There, staring back at her was the reflection of someone she never thought she'd ever see: A pair of familiar yet unknown (e/c) eyes stared back at her but instead of being full of distrust, they were filled with equal tiredness, excitement, and nervousness.

She'd picked up something comfortable- some high-waisted black mom jeans with an emerald green t-shirt and an oversized sandy button-up overshirt- which she may have stolen from Zawa's closet- and a pair of comfy sneakers.

It felt nice- dressing up, for once. 

She walked towards the bathroom, grabbing a little black jewelry box that Aizawa had gifted her some random day, saying it was hers to fill and afterward he'd buy her another. She smiled, watching the set of silver katana earrings and a thick chain he thought she'd like- and he was right. So, she grabbed them, carefully putting each piece on.

'Why dressing up this much?'

"Well, I'm going out."

'You went out with flame boy back there and didn't dress up.'

"That's different." She said with irritation as she grabbed her wallet, phone, and keys and stored them in the inner pockets of the overshirt. 

'Oh? How-'

"Shut up- I know where you're going and nope, shut up. I just feel like it today." She declared firmly, actively avoiding any sort of questions that dumbass was probably about to drop onto her as if this was a fucking interview. Instead, she rushed towards the door and opened it only to have something heavy bump into her as she walked out.

"Hey-" She began just about to shove away whomever it was but quickly realized it was none other than Bakugou's back. She laughed, amused while bringing him closer by the shoulders, leaning her chin onto his shoulder in a playful way, not thinking much about it.

"So you did wait? and at my door at that- good boy."

"Shut the fuck up, I did not." Bakugou scowled and quickly moved aside, pushing her away from him. 

"I just came out of my room."

"Alright, alright whatever you say," She said with resignation in her tone, lifting her hands to her sides. "So... can we get going? I'm kinda hungry you see, I'm not quite eager to have my insides eaten by my ability."