CHAPTER 2: a beloved daughter and sister

Tokyo in April was pretty

It was now spring and the perfect time of the season for cherry blossom gazing. Said trees were in full bloom, allowing many pink flowers to blossom all around the city and parks or alleys that hosted one of those famed trees. The pink petals fluttered with the wind, swirling and twirling before gently falling to the ground and littering the pavement and dirt, transforming the roads into a carpet of pink.

It definitely was a sight to behold. With the bustling activity of the streets that the Spring school holiday provoked, the city breathed vitality, making it one of the most famed times to visit and appreciate the scenery.

Sadly, Koro was not there to visit— unlike Byakuran, who vanished when he got his hand on pocket money.

The white head sighed at the memory of his younger brother barging into his room and picking up his wallet. It took the younger a mere ten seconds to check his credit card and chose which one he wanted to borrow for the day. Like a whirlwind, Byakuran picked the Platinium American Express. Not so surprising, this one was a Charge Card, meaning there was no spending limit on it; the card wouldn't get blocked no matter how wild the white head got.

For this, Koro thanked his successful career within the Varia and the high rate commissions he got in the Underworld.

As for one day getting a Centurion American Express, the famed "Black Amex," Koro was not in a hurry to get there. Firstly because he did not feel like he needed it, except for flaunting purposes, maybe. Secondly, waiting to get an invitation from the board was a type of bold lettered NO. And lastly, 550$ a year was enough, he did not want to spend 2500$ instead when he could buy food with this same money, thank you very much.

He heaved a sigh, leaned into the quilted black leather of the car, and closed his eyes. It was now three in the afternoon. Since eight this morning, Koro had been riding this car, only getting out to enter another Yakuza hideout before getting back into the car and driving to another. Of course, with how vast the Vongola network was, it was nearly impossible to visit each compound. Therefore tonight was a grand banquet organized by the most prominent of their allies within the Kanto region. Throughout Japan, a representative from each allied Yakuza was invited to partake; Koro expected a great attendance for tonight.

His professional phone vibrated. Koro took a look. One of his subordinates had sent him the list of attending guests for tonight. Each attending Yakuza or Mafia was recorded in the first column. The attendee's name and position were situated next to the first column with the prepared gift (if any) noted. Within the list, Koro spotted a few other foreign Mafia, Chinese, Korean, most of the prominent Asian allies had sent a representative.

It was a sign of respect toward the Vongola, of course. But also toward Koro as one of the top executives of the Varia. Evidently, none of the attending Mafia sent a small fry to attend the banquet. It was an opportunity to show their bond with the Vongola and forge new ties and alliances within the community. An event that reunited this many influential figures was noteworthy. Not attending would have been a foolish mistake or an act of useless pride.