CHAPTER 7: nice to meet you i'm a mass murderer

"Good evening, class!" the male enthusiastically chirped as he opened the door for the students to come into their supposed classroom

"Good evening, class!" the male enthusiastically chirped as he opened the door for the students to come into their supposed classroom. His handsome visage was painted with a broad grin that showed his pearly white teeth off as he gave each student a closed-eyes smile.

3-E warily looked at the cheerful blond male as they walked into the room. They didn't know what to make of his— noticeable entry just before their lunch break and in the middle of their P.E. class. They sized him up, trying to see what he was getting at. The blond with a pair of black-rimmed glasses now perched on his nose didn't seem bothered by their apparent scrutiny, merely grinning in return.

They noted that attached to his black leather belt was a holster with an anti-gun and that right next to the holster were two small rectangular shaped boxes, probably recharges. The blond donned a grey two-piece suit with silver linings. Underneath his blazer was a simple white dress-shirt, neatly buttoned up, and a royal blue scarf tied around his collar. There were no wrinkles on his shirt, surprisingly, and he overall seemed pretty clean and tidy.

Not that they could rely on his external appearance.

Koro watched 3-E progressively flood the classroom and taking their seats before closing the door. He gave Karasuma, who stood by his desk, a carefree smile and walked up to the raven head in the middle of the stage to overlook the classroom better. His gloveless hand grabbed a white chalk from the rugged wooden surface of his desk, and he began to spell out his name in cursive on the blackboard.

Sorrel Aarden

The students tilted their head slightly, having expected the new addition to be a foreigner already. Their eyes mostly flicked from the blond to their P.E. teacher until the said new recruit broke the silence.

"Bonjour!" he greeted once again with a tilt of his head. "I am professor Sorrel Aarden, a pleasure to meet you. I will be in charge of some of your history and geography classes. Let's spend a fulfilling year together, shall we?" he told them, tone still as hyper and enthusiastic as before. As if he genuinely couldn't wait to teach them. As if teaching was his calling and he hadn't been trying to kill their homeroom teacher a few hours prior.

Without surprise, the class's reaction was lukewarm. They didn't trust this Aarden's words, not before Bitch-sensei came in, but especially not now that she actually came.

Karasuma cleared his throat, his brows twitching in what the class guessed was annoyance before he came up to the center of the stage to take over the blond's introduction speech.

"Professor Aarden," he said as if to tell the blond to step aside. He controlled his voice so it wouldn't sound too rude and slid his eyes to look at the classroom. He could read the confusion in his students' eyes, they demanded answers, and he obviously was the only one able to provide them at the moment.

"As he introduced before, Professor Aarden here will be in charge of part of the history and geography teaching until the end of the year. That's all—"