INTERLUDE: simon

"Guess wh— Oopsi!"

"Guess wh— Oopsi!"

In one swift motion, Koro took a step back.

"Nyurufufu! That was a close one!" he laughed, blocking the second incoming hit by grabbing the fan. "Hello to you too, Adelheid," he chirped, letting go of the fan as the girl retrieved her hand.

"Ha, good evening to you too, Yucca-sama," Adelheid drawled, placing the fans back on the belt of her skirt. "To what do we owe the honor of your presence?" she spat, keeping her wording polite as she seized the blond up and down.

"Fufufu, you're always so cold, Adelheid," Koro cooed. With calculated steps, the Varia agent entered the Guardian's personal space, and in a second, he stood behind the teenager. "Fortunately, Enma-chan wasn't tainted," he teased. Arms snaking around Enma's waist, he jumped back with the teen in his arms, evading another of Adelheid's offensive.

"Ah, Yucca," the teen shyly greeted, cheeks reddened. "Hello."

"Aww, you look so good Enma-chan, how is school going?" Koro quipped as he began to guide Enma down the street, gently pushing him. "And you're so thin, look at you!" he gasped, grabbing and twirling the boy as he walked to look him over. "Where's the chubbiness? The softness?" he lamented, poking at the boy's waist and cheeks.

Adelheid felt her eyebrows twitch as she prepared herself to beat the shit out of the adult. What? Was he one of Varia's top executives? Sorry, but she didn't care.

"Ah, ah! Now, calm down Adel, you'll get wrinkles on your beautiful face!" Julie placated in a teasing tone, his finger nudging the space between the girl's brows.

Adelheid refrained the blush that threatened to break out. With one swift motion, she punched the male straight in his guts.

"Out of my way, Julie," she muttered. She felt her hand pass through sandy matters, proof that the male had used his flames to counter her physical assault.

"My Adel is always so violent!" Julie moaned, bypassing the girl to stand behind her and wrap his arms around her waist. "But it's okay, I can bear it," he boasted in a whisper.

Adelheid didn't need to be a genius to know that: one, Julie that dumbass, was winking and thinking that he sounded very cool; two, she herself was a blushing mess.

Koro blinked from above Enma's shoulder. "Are they dating?"

"Ah, no?"

The abrupt sound of a chewing gum bubble popping sounded next to them.

"Not yet." Shitt P! wisely corrected them.

Koro merely hummed, eyes squinting before he grinned. "Let's go while she's distracted!" he beamed, grabbing Enma's shoulder and hurrying down the street.

::

"Here, Enma-chan, eat, eat!" Koro encouraged as he set yet another serving of cake on the table. He smiled at the waitress and added. "We'll take another parfait, but strawberry, please," before turning to look at the stuffed boy in front of him.