CHAPTER 5: touring kunugigaoka junior high

"I suppose that congratulations are in order," Gakushu began as he led the white-haired teen through the corridors and away from the Chairman's office

"I suppose that congratulations are in order," Gakushu began as he led the white-haired teen through the corridors and away from the Chairman's office. A polite smile, a blend of newfound appreciation and surprise danced on his lips as he took in the other's figure in a new light. "How was the examination?"

Byakuran hummed. He brought another marshmallow to his mouth. His mind went to his brother, left in the Chairman's office before his violet eyes slid to look at the strawberry-blond in front of him. Both the student and Chairman shared similar features as well as the same last name. He supposed they were related.

Father and son, most probably. However, they did not seem close.

Undeterred by the transfer student's lack of answer, Gakushu added: "I suppose there was no need to worry. You did mention that it would be a breeze," he reminded with a light chuckle. Previously, he thought that the white head might be overconfident, but now, he couldn't help but be more indulgent. It was a well-known fact that placement examinations were more demanding than the actual entrance exam. If Chouku passed, it meant he was more than brilliant.

It was always better to keep competent people next to oneself, especially when in Gakushu's position.

Byakuran blinked, minutely analyzing the confident teen before he nodded. "Well~ I'm just very confident in my abilities," he admitted, a Cheshire grin blooming on his lips as he decided to humor the boy. The teen in front of him was one of the 'power figures.' There was no harm in befriending him. Who knows? It might make his days less boring.

Gakushu's smile stretched at the answer. At least the boy wasn't ignoring him anymore. They went down a flight of stairs to the third floor and the end of the corridor. "The third floor makes up most of the third-year classes," he indicated, gesturing to the silver plates hanging atop each door. "There is also the student council room, a few study rooms, as well as the broadcasting lodge on the other end of the corridor," he explained with ease. The enthusiasm in Gakushu's voice was much more genuine than when he welcomed Byakuran, probably because he now knew where the teen stood in their hierarchy.

Byakuran gave the hallway a cursive glance, taking note of the layout to prevent getting lost before he raised a confused eyebrow. "Oh? I thought you had a class E as well?" he chanted, leaning forward to look up at Gakushu's unfaltering smile.

The strawberry-blond merely hummed. "We do, but their classes are held in a different building," he explained. "It's a restricted area, more or less, but you'll learn more about them during the next student assembly," he lightly dismissed.

"Okay then."

A small chuckle went through Gakushu's lips, his eyes minutely thinning in appreciation before he stopped in front of a door, the one at the very end of the corridor. "Here is class 3-A's homeroom. We currently have an English lesson. Don't take offense if the class is a bit dry at first. It's not often that we receive a transfer student straight into 3-A," he added with a thoughtful nod.