CHAPTER 11: short trip to kyoto

"Congratulations, Ran-chan~" Koro sang as he cracked a party popper, confetti coming out of the cardboard tube and falling over the younger's head of white

"Congratulations, Ran-chan~" Koro sang as he cracked a party popper, confetti coming out of the cardboard tube and falling over the younger's head of white. "I knew you could do it!"

Midterms went by fast, and a week later, results were out. It hadn't gone any differently from how Koro remembered it. Although 3-E did notably better than usual, they were out of touch with the exam subject making for one big flop within the classroom. As asked by their homeroom, the only one to rank within the top 50 was Karma, who came in fifth with 494 points. Koro deduced that he should have been fourth, if not for Ran taking the first spot and moving everyone down by one place.

"Thank you, Yucca-nii-chan," Byakuran sang, brushing the colorful confetti out of his hair with a chuckle. The exam hadn't been so challenging, most of the information being things he knew. Apart from history and modern literature, where he had to check if it was different from his memories; all was well. What's more, with the Chairman popping up to teach them all the added material last minute, there were meager chances of Byakuran failing.

The two brothers spent their time together, chatting over some quality dinner inside of their condo and appreciating one another's company. Dinner went on, and by the end of it, both males laid on the couch with the TV before them and a movie playing.

Byakuran, lying on his brother's torso, brought a marshmallow-flavored popcorn to his mouth. It wasn't as good as marshmallow, but the popcorn was a must when watching a movie. It was part of the protocol, so he had to do with what he had. Snuggling into his brother to feel warmer, the younger of the two hummed.

"Ne, Nii-chan, can we spend the trip together?" he asked with upturned eyes and a pout adorning his lips.

The Kyoto school trip was coming, and as 3-E's teacher, Koro had been invited to attend, much like Karasuma and Irina despite not being the homeroom teacher. They would be there to help supervise the class and students.

"Mmm~ we'll see, I suppose," Koro mused with narrowed eyes, his hand gently ruffling his brother's soft white locks of hair. He laid a big smooch on the younger's shoulder, making him squirm and laugh at the ticklish sensation.

The mention of the trip reminded Koro that RedEye, the sniper, was now long dead, and he wondered who would be the one to replace him. After all, RedEye had the unfortunate chance to encounter him during one of his missions, resulting in a show-down between both assassins. The sniper would have probably won as Koro had not prepared for the ambush, but Koro's gift to see his death seconds before it happened had saved him in the nick of time, turning the tables and ending in the sharpshooter's demise.

The trip to Kyoto soon came. Koro did not forget to dye his roots blond and take another pair of green contacts if the first one met some troubles.

::

"A-are you okay, Aarden-sensei?" Okuda asked, visible worry on her shaken face as she observed their despondent blond teacher in the hotel reception. He was almost as bad as Koro-sensei, except he was human so he couldn't melt into the sofa.