CHAPTER 15: disturbed baseball game

"—For this reason, most of the ruthless image belonging to Vongola is shouldered by the Varia, their Elite Assassination Unit," Koro explained as he sat atop of his desk, right leg crossed over the other and green eyes surveying the classroom

"Sensei, aren't you part of this entity as well?" Kayano asked with a raised hand, her cat ear-styled pigtails bobbing with the tilt of her head.

Koro grinned. It wasn't the artificial and cheery grin he'd give them when he first arrived. It was an almost genuine smile paired with indulgent eyes. "Yes, the Varia itself is divided into seven units. I am part of one of them," he explained.

Ritsu's screen glitched as information streamed through her eyes before suddenly halting. Koro did not doubt that the A.I. just managed to delve a bit deeper into his record— the one passed around by information dealers, and found out his position. As if to confirm his thoughts, light blue eyes widened, looking at him with newfound curiosity and guard.

"Nyurufufu," Koro laughed under his breath, making it impossible for his students to hear him as he covered the lower part of his face. "Anyway, that's all for today's lesson," he called out, clapping his hand to announce the end of it. "Since we still have some time left, don't hesitate to ask questions!"

A moment of silence before some hands shot up. After Koro's "reveal" on Monday, 3-E had yet to broach the subject of their blond teacher's identity. For some reason, they thought the male was more approachable and had more chances of answering their questions without evading them or giving elusive answers.

Koro's eyes swept the class. "Yes, Nakamura?" ever since Koro dropped his cheery act, the '-kun' at the end of his students' names dropped.

The blond lowered her hand before grinning, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She felt much more comfortable around this version of their teacher, having her guard drop without noticing. "Is this how you really look? I mean, cuz Sorrel Aarden is basically a fake identity, sooo?"

Koro chuckled. "No, I actually dyed my hair, and those are contacts," he divulgated. "Very basic makeover, but it does the trick well enough, fufu~" the blond admitted as he pulled on a strand of his hair. Koro was no Mist user. He also wasn't willing to peel off his skin to better his disguises so this would have to do.

Of course, he could always use Mist pills to compensate, but he wasn't willing to overdose on them or become too dependent. Sun pills were already enough of a weakness.

Nagisa perked up, so it really wasn't his actual appearance. His eyes went to his notebook, carefully recording the fact and analyzing the fake blond's personality.

"How did you become a hitman, Sensei?" Fuwa excitedly asked; a notebook pulled out as she readied herself to take notes. "We already know Bitch-sensei's story. You have to tell us!" she encouraged, eager light shining in her eyes.

"Uhm," Koro mused to himself, pointer finger to his chin as he lightly tilted his head in thoughts. "It was the easiest way to make money, I guess?" he stated, unsure of his reasoning as he began to narrow his eyes. How did Yucca become an assassin? He pondered, trying to remember the information. "One of my family members introduced me to the Underworld. Since I dropped out after middle school, I didn't have much of an education, so hitman was the easiest path," he explained, piecing his body's past together. "Well, I did continue my studies by getting tutoring at some points, and I'd follow my college courses online as I was already too deep in to get out— there weren't any other ways to make money at this point, and there were a few people holding grudges," he almost listed, still deep in thoughts.