266-270

Chapter 266 – Beep! Old Mrs. Chen Became an Elder Who'd Cherish You and Stand Behind You. (3)

Besides, who didn't know about the matters of the Gu's?

It was obvious that Old Mrs. Chen didn't care much about Father and Mother Gu.

A family that was better and baffled everyone when the only one that they cared about was their adopted daughter and not their real one.

A family who knew only to maximize their own gain and sent their own daughter to the Huo's for an alliance marriage and not cared about anything else that followed. Once sent, they felt that this real daughter had picked up on the Huo's misfortune and decided to stay as far away from her as possible.

Old Mrs. Chen was not one to talk about others behind their back.

But as she held Gu Shishi's hand in hers and looked at her own granddaughter's loss and naïve look, it pained her.

All the more she just blurted out those words!

Ads by Revcontent

What would she have done if only that had happened to her own granddaughter?

It'd probably pain her to no end.

If it was Keke, who had lived an unhappy childhood with her adopted parents and, when she finally had the opportunity to return to her own parents, was turned around and sent to an alliance marriage.

She was loved by neither her mother nor her father but just watched them dote on the adopted daughter day in and day out...

Aye.

Just thinking about it was enough to make her heart bleed!

"Little Shishi, you come and tell grandma if anything unjust had happened to you in the future.

"Grandma might not have any clout over the Gu's but she has a lot of say within the Chen's. We don't have much of anything else but we have lots of money!

Ads by Revcontent

"Don't be a stranger and don't be shy. We have no shortage of rooms and we can totally afford to feed one more.

"Anything that upsets you, you come to the Chen's and look for grandma. I'll feed you. Anything that you need, you tell me. I'll buy them for you! I have lots of my own money. My son sends me money every month and I also have all my old man's money!"

Chen Kexin was about to drop to her knees over her grandmother's speech.

Ever since she was a child, her grandmother had always told her that it was difficult to go from riches to rags so she must learn to be frugal.

To not be like the others and only knew to buy luxurious items and cared about how she appeared to others, etc. etc.

When had her grandmother ever said that they had more money than they could spend?!

Did she want her entire fortune spent?

Chen Kexin gave her own grandmother a gloomy look.

Who was her real granddaughter?

Ads by Revcontent

Old Mrs. Chen finally noticed the look coming from her own granddaughter.

"It's alright, Keke,

"Going forward, little Shishi will be your..."

She turned to Gu Shishi.

"Oh, I've forgotten to ask. Little Shishi, when were you born?"