four

Yunhee knocked on the front door, box resting on the ground next to her and Jaemin standing there as well.

In a matter of seconds, Haechan opened the door, mood already being dropped down once again but then became confused as he saw Jaemin there.

"Before you say anything, help us with these boxes." Jaemin told the boy who scoffed.

"She can do it herself." He replied and turned to enter the house again only for Jaemin to grab his arm and stop him.

"Don't be like that. Just help." Jaemin said once again but the stubborn boy simply shook his head, refusing to do so.

With a sigh, Yunhee picked up one of the boxes and entered the home, breathing becoming heavier as the weight of the box took her breath.

Once she put the box down, Kyungsan waddled over to her, curiosity taking the best of him.

"Mommy?" Kyungsan asked the girl, catching her attention. "Why are you so tired?"

"Oh the boxes are just a little heavy but thankfully your Daddy's friend is helping me." She told the toddler and pointed to Jaemin who helped lift the boxes and take them inside the home.

"Why is Daddy looking at you like he's mad?" Kyungsan whispered to his mother which made her turn her head and not to her surprise, Haechan was glaring at her, not enjoying her presence.

"He's a little mad at me. It's not a good time for us right now." She told the boy who pouted. He was their soulmate child and he was supposed to bring them together but it was hard already.

Before Kyungsan could ask another question, Haechan scooped him up into his arms, wanting his attention.

"Let's not bother your mom right now, okay?" He told the little boy.

"Why are you mad at Mommy?" Kyungsan asked and Haechan gritted his teeth slightly as he recalled the event from yesterday.

"It's not something we should tell you." He told the boy, not wanting to break his heart already from the fact that his father hates his mother.

Haechan turned to Yunhee who was thanking Jaemin for helping her with the boxes.

"Yunhee," He called out, catching her attention, "take the boxes upstairs and out your stuff away. Jaemin, don't help her this time. She already took enough of your time so you should head home."

Yunhee obeyed his order, thinking that if she did what he said, he would stop hating her but Jaemin stopped her from picking up her box.

"Haechan, we need to talk." Jaemin told the boy who still held his child in his arms.

"What's up?" He asked nonchalantly, acting as if he didn't force his soulmate to do something without the help of anyone else.

"You need to not be so mean to her." Jaemin told him, only earning a scoff and he set down his child, telling him to go to wait in the living room.

"I have every right to be pissed of and act the way I do. Matter of fact, you should be more pissed than me! She literally almost killed you." Haechan exclaimed, pointing aggressively to the girl who held her head down in shame.

"Haechan, she's your soulmate! You two have a kid together now! You think that child is gonna be happy having his two parents argue all the time?" He shot back, quickly defending Yunhee.

"Screw the soulmate thing! I hate her! She almost killed you and Jiyeon!" Haechan exclaimed and right when Yunhee was about to speak up, Haechan didn't let her.

"And you," He began as he pointed to the girl, "have no right to speak right now. All of this is your fault!"

Yunhee felt her heart breaking. It pained her to hear him shout that he hated her. Her heart felt pain at his words.

Haechan refused to admit it but it pained him too. He know he disliked her but that was now his soulmate. The soulmate effect caused him to hurt as well.

Yunhee tried to hold back her tears as she looked at Haechan with hurt in her eyes.

"God you are such a b word to me!" She finally exclaimed and Haechan only scoffed out a laugh.

"Just say I'm a bitch and get it over with." He mocked the girl and at that, Yunhee widened her eyes and looked over to the living room, seeing Kyungsan's bottom lip quivering.

Suddenly, loud cries erupted in the house, catching the other two adult's attention.

Yunhee ran over to the toddler, picking him up and embracing him tightly.

"Don't cry, honey." She tried soothing the toddler who continued to cry, hiccups coming every now and then.

"I don't want you and Daddy to fight. It hurts me." Kyungsan sobbed out. At those words, Haechan out his head down and felt guilty. He started the argument which led to his own child being in pain.

He suddenly walked over to the two, arms wrapping around the both of them as guilt washed over him.

Although he still wasn't necessarily fond of Yunhee, he had to make an effort for the sake of his child and the fact that they were soulmates.

"I'm sorry. Mommy and Daddy won't fight anymore." Haechan told the boy who only hiccuped in reply as he calmed down his emotions, finding the embrace to be helpful.

Jaemin looked at the three with sad eyes. Knowing Haechan, it would take him a while to even tell Yunhee a nice statement but he knew he would let go eventually and possibly sooner than later due to the soulmate effect.

Haechan looked over at his best friend and walked towards him, apologetic look on his face.

"Haechan, I get it. You're mad at her and you know what, I am too. I was the one affected after all. But still, try and forgive her. She's apologized plenty of times through messages and even when I accidentally stumbled across her, she apologized again." Jaemin told the boy who stood in front of him who only sighed.

"Don't hurt yourself, your soulmate and your kid like that. It's not worth it." Jaemin told him and Haechan nodded in return.

"I'll get going now then. Try and get along. You're going to fall in love with her eventually whether you like it or not." After that, the two friends bid goodbye to each other, leaving the family in the home in silence.

Yunhee continued to comfort Kyungsan before Haechan took him out of her arms.

"Let's head to bed." He told the baby and Kyungsan nodded before pointing to Yunhee.

"Mommy has to come too." He said with a sad voice, hoping his idea that came into mind would work.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"Jaemin is good, I guess."

"He has a good heart. Always trying to see the best in people and help them out."

"That's what I love about that guy."

—————————————————
happy to say that i suffered no injuries from the accident yesterday. there was a bit of pain from the seatbelt pulling me back but i'm all good now and so is everyone else!

i hope you're all doing well! also please let me know how you guys are liking this story so far!! i really need feedback.

please vote and comment as it inspires me to write more!!

lots of love,
t <3