ten

About an hour after the family ate, a knock was heard on the door.

Haechan was upstairs, getting himself ready while Yunhee readied Kyungsan, putting him in nicer attire that would be suitable enough to meet his dad's friends.

At the sound of the door, Yunhee picked up Kyungsan and went to the door, opening it to reveal 6 boys, 2 girls, a baby and a dog.

Yunhee gulped at the sight of everyone there before stepping to the side and muttered a quick "Come in."

Everyone entered the house, noticing the cleanliness of the place. Yunhee gestured for them all to have a seat in the living room which they gladly did.

Haechan then emerged from the stairs, putting a bright smile on everyone's faces, minus Yunhee who was absolutely terrified at everyone.

"Do any of you want something to drink?" Haechan asked as he took Kyungsan out of Yunhee's arms before making his way to the living room with everyone else.

A few people had asked for a water and so Haechan looked at Yunhee.

"Go get it." Haechan told her and she nodded immediately and made her way to the kitchen to gather the drinks. Her actions made Jaemin furrow her brows as well as Kyungmi.

"Hold on," Jaemin said, making Yunhee stop in her tracks, "we can get them ourselves."

At those words, Haechan shook his head and gestured for them to sit back down.

"She's got it." He said which made Jaemin send a small glare.

"You go help her then. There's 6 of us who wants something and she won't be able to carry all that by herself." Jaemin said and everyone, including Jiyeon, nodded in agreement.

Kyungmi made her way towards the shocked boy and took Kyungsan out of his arms, carrying him to the couch with Sunhi so they could maybe bond.

Haechan let out a few small curses as he made his way to the kitchen where Yunhee was busy figuring out how to carry all the drinks in on trip. He found it funny how dedicated she was to carry them all.

He suddenly took a few of the drinks out of her hands, surprising her in an instant. All she could do was stare at him in a slight shock.

"Hurry up." He said once he had enough of her and made his way back to the living room where everyone was paying attention to Kyungsan who had said something that made everyone laugh.

"What'd he say?" Haechan asked as he handed a few drinks to his friends and Yunhee followed short after.

"He said you guys are slow at this." Mark laughed out and Haechan furrowed his brows, not understanding what he meant.

Yunhee stood around the place, not exactly knowing where to sit. She felt so awkward being in that place and she didn't know what to do.

Everyone was busy conversing except for her. She didn't know how to fit in to any of their conversations. She was far more than certain that everyone hated her there as well so she didn't know what to do.

An evident uncomfortness was seen on her face and Jiyeon seemed to take notice.

Jiyeon did in fact not like Yunhee. After all, she was the same girl who was primarily the cause of her best-death experience. But, pity took over as she saw how intimidated Yunhee looked. Her head hung low as she stood next to Haechan's chair while he happily talked to everyone else. She seemed... sad and scared but there was something else that she had noticed as well. Anytime Haechan spoke up, Yunhee's head would lift in the slightest and a sad smile was out on her face. She enjoyed his good moods but she knew none of them were because of her.

Jiyeon patted Kyungmi's shoulder who was also staring at Yunhee.

Jiyeon mouthed out "We need to talk to her." Kyungmi agreed instantly.

"Hey, Yunhee," Jiyeon spoke up, catching everyone's attention. Yunhee's was lifted up and the same scared little deer expression came on, "Are you okay?"

That was it. That was the question Yunhee needed to possibly break.

Small tears welled up in her eyes and she hoped they wouldn't notice but much to her dismay, the two girls did.

Trying to cover up her emotions, Yunhee nodded in a frantic motion. She didn't want them to get suspicious.

"She's fine." Haechan spoke for her and Jeno furrowed his brows.

"Let her answer her own question, Hyuck." Jeno said and Haechan let out a scoff, muttering out "It's not like anyone cares."

He thought no one heard him but once again, Yunhee was the one who heard it. That same break in her heart came to her as well as Haechan and she wanted to cry right then and there. It was such a painful thing to endure.

"I'm gonna.. get something for Kyungsan." Yunhee said and made her way upstairs.

Mark gave a slightly disappointed look towards Haechan who seemed to not care but in reality, it hurt him too.

Jeno patted on Kyungmi's thigh, signaling her to give him Kyungsan and Sunhi so she could go talk to the girl.

Kyungmi immediately understood his signal and got up, grabbing Jiyeon's hand to take her with her.

"We'll be back." Kyungmi said and went in the same direction that Yunhee did.

They could t figure out which room she had gone to until they heard the little sobs that sounded from a door.

With hesitation, the two girls entered the room and there they saw Yunhee, face red and tears streaming down her face.

Yunhee's eyes immediately widened like a deer in headlights. Fear coursed through her as she saw the girl she was once in love with and her friend.

Fuck they're gonna beat me up she thought out and she became terrified.

Her hands immediately went to wipe her tears and she back up on the bed, trying to distance herself from the two girls.

Jiyeon and Kyungmi felt sympathy. They saw how full of fear she looked and it was honestly quite sad to see. She seemed like a lost little deer in an unfamiliar world.

"We aren't gonna hurt you. We just came to talk." Jiyeon said in a soft voice.

Yunhee let out an audible gulp as she observed the two girls, not knowing if it were right for her believe them.

The two girls carefully approached her, being careful to make sure to not make any intimidating moves. Something was off about her and they wanted to figure out what it was so they could help.

—————————————————
i had such a bad stomach ache that i wasn't sure if i could update but one nap later and i'm feeling better and was thankfully able to write this chapter !!!

please vote and comment and let me know how you guys are feeling about this story!

lots of love,
t <3