nine

Yunhee awoke the next day, her eyes straining when the sunlight peeked through the curtain and hit her face.

She let out a groan of discomfort and rubbed her puffy eyes, remembering her cries from last night.

She took in a deep breath and looked to the side, realizing that she was up before Kyungsan and Haechan.

She thought about making them breakfast since she was awake before them but another thought stopped her. Were these efforts even worth it?

She thought of the stuff she had done in the past week, realizing that everytime she did anything nice, Haechan wouldn't care. He would just stare with a slightly annoyed expression and continue. She never even got a 'thank you'.

But something inside her told her to try again. Something told her to keep trying to get him to be nice at least.

With a sigh, she finally ended up deciding to make them breakfast. She was one who wanted to try again.

With quiet movements, Yunhee got out of bed and made her way to the bedroom door.

She turned around for a second, making sure the two were still sleeping and once she confirmed that they were, she opened the door and went downstairs.

Yunhee entered the kitchen and began to gather ingredients for a simple breakfast. Simple would be faster and easier which she needed since she had to also get ready for Haechan's friends that were going to be visiting later as well.

After she finished her cooking, she placed a serving of food on three plates and decided to head upstairs to check on the two.

Her head peeped through the door and she saw Kyungsan sitting up, stretching his limbs.

"Hey sweetheart." Yunhee whispered as she entered the room, catching Kyungsan's attention and causing a big smile to erupt on his face.

"Mommy!" He whisper-yelled and extended his arms, signaling for her to pick him up which she more than gladly did.

"Can we wake Daddy up?" Kyungsan asked Yunhee and she shook her head, noticing how peaceful Haechan looked. Plus, she was scared of him getting mad and lashing out at her for the nth time.

"Let's let him sleep. Your Daddy's friends are coming over later so he needs to rest so he can have a good time." Yunhee explained and Kyungsan nodded in understanding.

"Let's go feed you now. I bet you're hungry." She said and with that, she made her way down the stairs with Kyungsan in her arms.

Yunhee placed him in the high chair that they owned and grabbed a spoon, beginning to feed him while also eating as well.

Not too long after Yunhee had taken Kyungsan, Haechan had woken up as well.

He made his way downstairs, following te scent of the food and saw Yunhee eating as well as his son. As he observed Yunhee, he noticed the evident puff in her eyes, as if she had been crying and suddenly, the sounds he heard last night had flooded back into his mind. He remembered how she cried over him and truth be told, he felt guilty. It pained him when he heard her cries. Maybe he had actually felt sympathy or maybe it was from the soulmate effect but whatever it was, he knew it hurt like a bitch.

His gaze then averted to the plate of untouched food on the table and he knew that it was his.

With silent movements, he sat at the table where his plays of food was, which happened to be across Yunhee. The sight of him startled her and she was ready to move away until she had noticed something different: he wasn't glaring at her like he did every morning.

Yunhee took that as a chance to maybe try and finally speak.

She cleared her throat and swallowed down the lump of nervousness that had formed before finally speaking up.

"Um.. Good morning." She said, a slight tremble in her voice from the nervousness.

In return, he looked up at her, mouth full of food, and gave her a simple nod before continuing to eat.

Yunhee was surprised to say the least. She thought he would glare, tell her to shut up, or literally do anything rude but he actually didn't do anything.

It surprised her how he was suddenly acting. He had never been one to not be mean to her since the beginning but something had changed and she wanted to know what it was.

Yunhee was tempted to test her limits but she was scared. She didn't want to ruin the mood with more talking.

Unfortunately, Kyungsan had decided to take things into his own hands, hating the pace of their bonding. It had been a week and they still couldn't even have a proper conversation.

"Daddy, how do you feel about Mommy's cooking?" Kyungsan asked Haechan once he swallowed his food.

Yunhee looked at Haechan with slight anticipation at his answer and he noticed it, finding it funny how she cares about his opinion so much.

"It's good." He out shortly and he swore he could hear Yunhee let out a sigh of relief which he desperately wanted to laugh at but chose not to.

As Kyungsan began thinking of other ways to get them closer, Haechan suddenly stood up with his plate, taking Yunhee's empty one as well.

"Wait, I can wash them." She offered as she tried to read his expression, wanting to see if he was annoyed by the question or by the fact that she didn't wash the dishes for them.

In response, all Haechan did was shake his head.

"Friends are coming over. Get ready." He told her and Yunhee continued to try and read his expression which he was starting to get annoyed at.

"Go!" He exclaimed and once again, Yunhee got scared and scrambled upstairs, leaving Kyungsan and Haechan in the kitchen.

Haechan let out an annoyed sigh. He was trying to be a bit nicer to her but he knew it would be difficult considering that he was still holding a grudge against her.

He felt bad for yelling bad at her but it was starting to test his limit. All she did was stare at him all the time and he didn't even know why.

Kyungsan watched as his father washed the dishes, giving a baby sigh. His elbow rest on the high chairs table and his chin was placed in his palm.

"My parents are slow at this." Kyungsan muttered and started to try and think of ideas to get them closer than before.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"Kyungsan's right. His parents are slow at this." One sighed out as he watched their interactions.

"Kyungsan is such a cutie. I want a baby and I can't wait to see him."

"Too early for a baby. You sir, need to wait."

"Can't relate."