twelve

After Jiyeon gave Haechan her word of advice, he only nodded in understanding before going up the stairs into the room where Yunhee was.

The guilt was eating him alive. It hurt him so much to say those things to her yet he continued to do so. Why? Because he believed he hated her for doing what she did.

Jaemin made him open his eyes. Him and Jiyeon we're on the verge of forgiving and it was only Haechan who still acted like a bitch. He knew he was acting like one and he hated it.

Worry filled his body once he heard that Yunhee was crying. He knew it was his fault. He knew she heard his words and it made him feel horrible.

The door to the bedroom that Yunhee relaxed in swung open and there stood Haechan with an expression that Yunhee hadn't seen on him before.

Once again, Yunhee stood in fear, eyes scanning the entirety of his face and body to try and catch the feeling he was emitting.

Only this time, Haechan didn't yell. He let her read his expression after Mark had told him that it was what she was doing constantly. Though Haechan wanted to deny it at first, it was now clear to him that his best friend was right.

He saw the ways her eyes shifted constantly, trying to figure out the atmosphere. She was scared of him being mad and didn't know what to do.

Haechan broke the silence by saying two simple words.

"I'm sorry."

At that, Yunhee stared at him with wide eyes. She wasn't sure if she was hearing him right. After about a week and a half of him treating her like shit, he finally apologized... but she didn't get why. She still contained the mindset of blaming herself.

"It's my fault." Yunhee said which surprised Haechan. She was blaming herself for his anger.

"What are you talking about?" Haechan asked, not understanding why she would take the blame.

"It's my fault you're always in a bad mood. It's my fault that you even began to hate me in the first place. I understand why you would hate me so I take the blame." She said out, flashbacks of her childhood coursing through her mind as she took the blame for everyone's problems. It was her fault. It was always her fault.

Haechan simply shook his head and approached the girl who sniffled as a result of her cries.

"Don't blame yourself. Yeah, I was pissed off at what you did but I shouldn't have been acting like a douche. If Jaemin and Jiyeon aren't being rude, then why the hell should I have been." Haechan explained.

"I-"

"I get it. You're used to being blamed for everything. You're used to being at fault but trust me when I tell you that me being an absolute douche for the past week and half even though you were trying your hardest to warm up to me is not your fault. Don't take the blame for this." Haechan said as he looked into Yunhee's eyes, seeing the slight tremble in them begin to calm down.

"Are you sure? Cause I-"

"Yes I'm sure and I'm sorry."

Yunhee's once scared deer eyes suddenly softened, the widened going down and the fear in her body calming down.

"Do you forgive me?" Haechan asked with anticipation. He no longer wanted to hurt himself and her when his two best friends that were actually affected were fine with her now.

"I still feel like I should take the blame-"

"If you take the blame then I'm gonna become a douche again." Haechan cut Yunhee off, making her laugh slightly at his response. That was the first time he heard her emit an actual laugh and it made him smile slightly. It sounded so.. pretty.

Yunhee nodded her head with a smile.

"I'm too scared of you becoming a douche again so I can say I forgive you." Yunhee said and Haechan grinned a little. That was the first time Yunhee saw him smile because of her.

While the two made up, a familiar little figure waddled into the room.

With his small ninja skills, the culprit climbed onto the bed and stood behind Yunhee.

As the two continued to talk, the culprit that happened to be Kyungsan suddenly pushed Yunhee forward, causing her to fall straight into Haechan.

Haechan was surprised to say the least and immediately held out his arms, catching the girl before she made the two of them fall together.

His arms wrapped around her slightly while Yunhee placed her hands on his chest, stabilizing herself.

From behind them, an oh so familiar giggle was heard and the two faced their son who held a mischievous smile.

"I did it!" Kyungsan exclaimed in pure delight, pumping his fist in the air.

"Did what?" Haechan asked, trying to act oblivious to tease the boy.

"I made you and Mommy hug!" Kyungsan replied as he crossed his arms, satisfied with himself.

Haechan slightly nudged Yunhee, signaling her to go with his plan and she thankfully caught on.

"Hug? We didn't hug." Yunhee said and Kyungsan's proud face immediately fell, being replaced with worry.

"B-but you guys have to hug!! You have to!" Kyungsan exclaimed and was on the verge of tears and the parents were quick to notice.

Yunhee immediately picked up Kyungsan and Haechan wrapped his arms around the two, fulfilling Kyungsan's wish for them to hug.

"Now we hugged." Haechan told the boy with a smile.

Kyungsan immediately burst into giggles, happiness overtaking him once again.

Yunhee and Haechan looked at each other with small smiles. They knew it would take a little bit of time to get adjusted to this life but they knew it wouldn't be filled with absolute hatred and fear anymore.

The three then made their way back downstairs, Yunhee's face a bit puffy still but now looked happy nonetheless.

The group spent a bit of time together before they all had to leave due to other plans.

Now the family sat on the couch watching some Disney movies.

Kyungsan began to slowly fall asleep on Yunhee's lap while Haechan also drifted off into a nap, his head resting on Yunhee's shoulder.

Yunhee smiled at the sight and feeling. She was now happy and ready to see how strong their bond would get in the future and what else would lie in store for them.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"Guess they aren't slow anymore." One said as he observed the soulmates who sat on the couch with their son.

"Eh. They still kind of are." Another said as he munched on his chips.

"What are you talking about? They hugged!"

"Yeah and by this point, I was already-"

"Let's not reveal any identities guys. The readers can't know yet."

"Readers? What the fuck."

"He does that a lot. He knows no boundaries with the fourth wall."