sixteen

And now the family of three walked around the grocery store first, Kyungsan in the seat of the cart that they pushed around.

"I want that." Kyungsan said as he pointed to a bag of chips.

"Let's get our other stuff first and then we'll see if we can buy it." Yunhee said and Kyungsan pouted as he looked at his mom with puppy eyes.

Yunhee really couldn't resist his eyes and looked at Haechan, wanting to see if he'll approve.

With a sigh, Haechan grabbed the bag of chips and placed it in the cart. This caused a squeal to emit from Kyungsan as he became excited for his new snack.

They continued walking in the store, almost ready to check out until Yunhee stopped them from entering a lane.

"Oh I just remembered something that we need." Yunhee said and Haechan nodded as he stepped to the side.

"Hurry up. We still need to go to the baby shop to get some stuff for him." Haechan said and Yunhee nodded before pulling his face down and placing a quick peck on his cheek. The action made Haechan blush but also smile, realizing it would probably become a habit of theirs now.

Kyungsan watched the interaction and smiled at the fact that things were finally going to his main goal.

Yunhee left towards an aisle where she searched for the item until someone began whistling. Yunhee being the slightly curious and nosy person she is looked around and there she saw Jaemin and Jiyeon walking together as they pushed a cart, looking for items.

Jaemin felt the stare of someone and looked in front of him only to see Yunhee staring. At her sight, Jaemin smiled and nodded as he nudged Jiyeon to pay attention as well.

The two approached the girl who was still slightly awkward but was able to talk to them.

"Hey Yunhee!" Jaemin said as he and Jiyeon approached the said girl and they got a wave in return.

"Watcha doing here?" Jaemin asked as a way to make conversation.

"Just shopping with Haechan and Kyungsan. They're waiting for me." Yunhee explained and Jiyeon became curious at Haechan's name.

"How are things going between you two?" Jiyeon asked and at that, a smile was put on Yunhee's face.

"Things are going pretty good. Gotta say that Kyungsan is a smart kid that keeps trying to get us to get closer." Yunhee said and laughed a bit.

"I know right." Jaemin muttered silently and Jiyeon smacked his arm slightly, not wanting him to reveal too much information.

"If they're waiting then you should be heading back, no?" Jiyeon asked and Yunhee nodded.

"Yeah. I really only came here to look for something but seems like they don't have it." Yunhee said as she failed to find the item she looked for.

"Guess I'll get going now. I'll see you guys hopefully soon if we end up making plans." She continued and the couple nodded in agreement.

"We'll see you!"

At that, the three waved goodbye to each other and Yunhee turned to head back to where Haechan and Kyungsan waited.

"Watch your words, Jaemin." Jiyeon scolded her soulmate who pouted in return.

"I'm sorry." He said and Jiyeon simply sighed as she pecked his pouted lips.

"You're lucky they didn't catch on."

...

Yunhee approached the two who patiently waited and Haechan gave a dumbfounded look as he saw her return with nothing in her hands.

"What happened to the thing you needed? And why'd you take so long?" Haechan asked as his hand took Yunhee's and walked them to the line.

"I couldn't find it. Guess they sold out. Also, Jaemin and Jiyeon were there and we ended up talking for like a minute. It was a really short conversation." Yunhee explained and Haechan simply let out an 'ah' in understanding.

"Then do we have everything we need from here?"Haechan asked to make sure everything was set and Yunhee nodded as a way to confirm.

At that, the two paid and handed Kyungsan his well awaited chips to snack on.

As the two made their way back to the car, a sudden gasp was heard.

"Yunhee?"

Yunhee turned her head to the sound of the voice and there she saw two people who she never would've expected to see again.

"Mom? Dad?"

The two nodded and approached Yunhee who slowly backed into Haechan who gave a confused look.

"Who's this and who's kid is that?" Her mother asked.

"I'm-"

"Let's just go." Yunhee cut Haechan off and looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Yunhee, don't tell me you got pregnant." Her father said as an anger began to rise up within him.

"So you don't bother to go to college and instead go ahead and get pregnant?!" Her father exclaimed and Yunhee winced at his voice and began trying to walk away but the two stepped in front of them.

"You're the reason why we get made fun of!" There it was. There was the blaming of the problems.

"You're the reason why the entire neighborhood laughs at us. You're the reason we have stress! You were supposed to go to college and get a job! You were supposed to pay for our house in return for all the shit we've done for you. It wasn't free taking care of you and now because of you, we're broke and still living in that same shitty neighborhood!" Her mother yelled and Yunhee felt the tears well up in her eyes. They really didn't care that they were in a parking lot of a grocery store. All they cared about was blaming Yunhee and emitting their anger.

It reminded her of the times when she was a child through high school. Her parents always yelled at her, saying that she was the root of all their problems.

Kyungsan looked at Haechan with fear while Yunhee tightly gripped onto his arm, hoping that he would lead them away.

Taking the hint, Haechan turned the cart and walked around the couple who continued yelling and trying to get in front of them.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Her father asked Haechan but earned no reply. A simple middle finger was thrown up in his face by Haechan which caused the parents to gasp and mutter words of disbelief.

Taking their shock as an advantage, Haechan hurried and walked his family to the car, quickly placing their items in the car and buckling up Kyungsan before getting in the drivers seat. Yunhee sat in the passengers side, trying to calm the tears that began to fall from the encounter.

Yunhee looked up at Haechan and there he saw the same expression she once gave her. The same deer eyes widened with fear and hands trembling.

That was when Haechan finally found out why she looked at him like that when he was rude.

His heart hurt seeing her like that and he leaned over to engulf his arms around her, whispering comforting words into her ear.

He never wanted to see her like that again and it pained him as it reminded him of the times where he was like that as well.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"Ten, how come all the girls you pick out have some sort of problem in their past?" One questioned the boy who shrugged.

"Who doesn't have problems in their past honestly? Plus, I didn't even know she had any. I just chose her after the drama with Jaemin and Jiyeon." Ten explained and everyone sighed.

"Forgot about you and your tea."

————————————————————
here to remind you guys that i don't proofread so if you see any mistakes, pls call me out on it 😭