5.5 play...again

5.5 play...again

YOUR POV

S U N D A Y

unicornmochiwithsprinkles

Hey Y/N, was wondering if you'd like to come help me run lines again for the play? It's right around the corner and we're kind of in a rush. We could also spend some quality time together, I haven't been getting any with you lately :>    >> Read 10:11 AM <<

That text message is why I'm now on my way to school. 

On a Sunday. 

I sigh and hurry towards the front gate, showing the guard my I.D. before he lets me in. 

EARLIER

I sit against the headboard, watching Taehyung toss and turn and bury his face deeper into my pillows, lost in a dream. I tried to sleep, I really did. But my body lost all intent the second my mom walked through the front door. 

No doubt she's passed out on the couch, though I wouldn't blame her. It's late and she looked exhausted. 

I nibble on my lower lip, furrowing my brows. She left me because she didn't want to add more burden to Taehyung's family by giving them two more people to deal with. She left and gave them one less problem. 

But should I really have let her back in? She made her decision to leave me years ago. Taking her in isn't exactly my responsibility anymore. 

My thoughts are interrupted when a sleepy hand wraps itself around my wrist. I stare at the half asleep boy, murmuring incoherently and pulling my hand closer to him. 

I follow his pull, causing me to lie down just to be within his reach. 

"I'm sorry Tae Tae..." He looks much more peaceful this way. Face perfectly relaxed and not contorted into any expression at all. 

I can't even figure out my own life, I think as I run the tips of my fingers across his forehead to brush away invisible bangs.

EARLIER THAN EARLIER

THIRD PERSON

With a groan, Taehyung sits up on the bed to realize he's not in his room. The moment he turns his head slightly to the side, pain courses through one temple to the other. 

He pinches the bridge of his nose, memory of previous events a total haze, only picking up bits and pieces. Alcohol. Open windows. Big mess. Lots of alcohol. Y/N.

At the thought of her, his nose instantly picks up the smell and he assumes she must've brought him to her house at one point during his drunken moment. 

When he notices that the space next to him is empty, his eyes drift towards the slightly open door and his ears pick up voices.

Curious, Taehyung walks over as quiet as he can with the pain in his head and wobbly limbs making it next to impossible. 

"Just...let me know if you need anything, okay?" Y/N's hesitant tone causes him to freeze in his tracks, leaning against the door frame as footsteps get louder, signaling the approach of someone.