1.8 teach you

1.8 teach you

YOUR POV

F R I D A Y

"Okay, so I actually have a question about this—" I flipped a page of my literature textbook to show it Namjoon.

A few days ago, we've expanded from just Physics to other subjects because as Namjoon said:

A F E W D A Y S A G O

"So if I just add a few string instruments here..." I clicked on a few folders and started fixing the tempo and notes.

Namjoon had brought over his laptop and suggested we start using the things we bought from the mall. Only if I passed all his practice exams, which I did.

I played the short song over again and he smiled, as usual, his dimples showed.

"Perfect." He said before turning to me. "You're very smart, you know."

My eyes widened in excitement. "Really?!"

He seems confused bu my reaction before realizing what he had just said. "Oh! In school, god no. But on things like this, you pick up material really quickly."

"Hey!" I hit his arm.

"Face it, I'm the only one who'll say the truth to your face." Namjoon flipped his non-existent long hair.

"You didn't have to say it like that." I pursed my lips and paused the music.

He moved his face close to mine, our noses inches apart. "How do you expect me to say it then, hm?"

I glared at him, cheeks turning red. "Whatever."

Pulling away with a satisfied smirk, he fixed his glasses. "That's what I thought."

P R E S E N T

Although, ever since we've started the whole mixtape thing, he's been having a harder time to concentrate.

"Are you even listening to me?" I put the textbook on my lap, leaning against the backrest and crossing my arms.

Namjoon hummed in response before lifting his head up from his backpack. He has been searching for something in his bag for the past thirty minutes.

It was getting annoying.

"What is it?" He asked impatiently.

I pointed to the word in my book before he leaned over to read it.

"만족함, it means 'satisfaction' or 'contentment'." He turned back to his business.

I was shocked. Normally he'd give me an hour long discussion about these vocabulary words, like their origin or whatever.

But now, he just answered me in a simple sentence.

Giving up, I threw my book on the table and joined him on the floor. "What are you looking for?"

"Just...something." Namjoon replied, completely focused.