2.9 play

2.9 play [rehearsal]

YOUR POV

T H U R S D A Y

Jimin happily sat down at our lunch table, "Guess how yesterday's auditions went!" 

Everyone was here except for Jungkook, who said he had something he needed to take care of.

I almost forgot there were play auditions, the school year has been really busy lately that I don't even notice the posters about the play. I don't even know what it's going to be about.

"That's great!" Namjoon was the first to speak. "You got the lead?"

Jimin awkwardly scratched the back of his neck before proceeding. "Not exactly..."

"Hey hey, who rejected you? I will fight them." Seokjin jokingly stood up and lifted both his fists in a boxing position.

Hoseok laughed and pulled him back down. "Let's listen to what Jiminie is so excited about before assuming anything, first."

Seokjin nodded and waited for Jimin to talk.

"Okay, so I didn't actually get the lead." Jimin started. "But, I got like, the lead character's double."

"Like a stunt double, basically?" Hoseok summed up.

Taehyung shook his head. "I was there with Cathie at the auditions yesterday to support Jimin, turns out the double and the stunt double are two different things."

Cathie nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, though they don't have any stunt doubles since it's a school play." Jimin adds.

"Okay, so what does the double do?" I ask, shoving a spoonful of food into my mouth afterwards.

Namjoon cleared his throat, the kind of sound that I've noticed he makes whenever he's about to go all smartass. 

"Doubles are pretty much like stunt doubles but they actually have lines." He explains. "Jiminie here would probably be doing the dances since this year's theme is some kind of modern-day Cinderella."

"We're getting our scripts today after school and rehearsals start next week!" Jimin excitedly says.

"That's so awesome!" Taehyung happily said and started making weird happy noises to which we all laughed. 

I suddenly notice Cathie getting uncomfortable as she shushed him up. I raise an eyebrow at her actions but resume eating my lunch.

"So can you guys help me practice a bit after school today?" Jimin asks hopefully. he was just so excited.

Seokjin was already out of the choices since he's always supposed to be home early.

"Can't, have to help out my younger cousin for her exams." Namjoon says sadly as if remembering he's just been assigned a chore.

I see Cathie whisper in Taehyung's ear before he says, "Cathie and I are hanging out today."

"The manager says I need to come in to work today." Hoseok frowns.

Jimin sighs and his eyes brighten up again. "What about you Y/N?"

"Oh, I guess I could." I smile.

"Cool!"

"On second thought, maybe I could call the manager and tell him I'll be late." Hoseok suddenly says. "I'm sure he'll understand."

"Awesome!" Jimin pumped his fist up into the air.