0.7 you

0.7 you [work here?]

THIRD PERSON

8  Y E A R S   A G O

It was late at night and eight year-old Y/N was sitting under a tree in a small park near her house with tears in her eyes.

She hugged her knees tightly and cried like there was no tomorrow.

"Y/N?" She suddenly heard a familiar voice call her name as they went to sit on the grass beside her.

Y/N just nodded, refusing to look up. A pair of arms captured her in a tight embrace, tiny hands running up and down her back to soothe her. This made her cry even more and she released her knees, hugging her best friend tightly.

She should be getting this type of comfort from her parents, not from her best friend. Yet, they remained at home and he was here holding her.

"Little princess sad?" Taehyung's soft voice rang in her ears as he tightened his hold around her.

"Mm-hm." Y/N sniffled. "Why is Tae here?"

"Tae always comes to the park at night to watch the stars." He whispered back.

It was true he came to the park every night, but the reason wasn't because of the stars; instead it was because he knew Y/N would always visit every time she was sad and he wanted to be there for her when she was.

"Why is Y/N-nie here?" Taehyung asked as he watched her play with the hem of his sweater.

He noticed how his best friend had gone silent and it confirmed his assumption that her parents must've fought again.

"Was it that bad?" He continued to caress her back.

"I heard daddy telling mommy he was going to leave." Y/N gripped his sweater and buried her face further against his chest. "Daddy might leave, I don't want daddy to leave..."

Taehyung sensed that she was about to cry again so he reached for her hand before squeezing it. "Don't cry, Tae Tae will always be here for you, right?"

"But..."

"Tae Tae will never leave your side no matter what. I promise." He said determinedly with a matching facial expression.

"I love you, Tae." Y/N whispered shyly before rubbing her swollen eyes.

"Tae Tae loves you too."

YOUR POV

S U N D A Y

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing annoyingly. There was obviously someone impatient texting me from the other end of the line.

Groaning, I turned to my side and lazily grabbed my phone from the night stand.

Seokjin

Are you awake? >>Sent 8:26 AM<<

Seokjin

I need to be sure it's safe to come over >>Sent 8:30 AM<<