4.0 first love pt. 1

THIRD PERSON

8   Y E A R S   A G O

"Come here and introduce yourself." The teacher called out to the pale skinned boy. 

Yoongi happily went to the front and cleared his throat in an eager manner. Giving the class a friendly wave, he said: "Hi, I'm Min Yoongi. I love love love music! And the piano is my best friend!"

Kids burst out laughing and his smile disappeared, replaced by confusion.

"Who's best friends with a piano?" 

"Pianos are for girls, you girl!"

"You want to be best friends with a violin next?"

Yoongi frowned and stared down at his feet, just wishing to bury himself deep underground.

"Class, that's enough!" The teacher says and turns to him. "Why don't you go back to your seat, Yoongi?"

He doesn't say anything and just does as he's told. Several kids whisper as he walks by, pretending to not hear anything but it all feels like a stab to the heart.

The bell rings for recess and several kids run out to play and use the restroom. except Yoongi, silent tears running down his cheeks. 

A girl walks to his table and taps his shoulder. Yoongi sniffs in response. 

He slightly turns his head to the side to look at her. "Are you here to make fun of me too?"

She shakes her head. "Nope. Why are you crying?"

"It's nothing."

"If it's nothing, then why are you crying over nothing?" 

Yoongi remains silent, he doesn't know what this girl's purpose of talking to him is, but he just can't take anymore hurt right now. 

"You want one?" She hands him a random cracker. 

As Yoongi reluctantly eats the snack as the girl pulls a chair to sit beside him. He gives her a weird look but she doesn't seem to notice. "I actually like the piano." 

"Pianos are for girls, so it wouldn't matter." He sighs and she puts her hands on her hips. 

"There are a lot of male pianists, you know." She sasses. "These kids are just idiots and not educated enough to understand that."

A small laugh leaves his lips. "You just said a bad word."

"It's only a bad word because people say it's bad." She contradicts. "You need to stick to what you believe and not listen to other people, because other people need a life."

Yoongi smiles cutely. "I'm Yoongi."

"Nice to meet you, I'm--"

"Y/N! I was saving you a seat outside, where were you!" A boy Yoongi's never seen before comes running in when he spots her.