2.1 puppies and kittens pt.1

2.1 puppies and kittens [and mochi] pt.1

YOUR POV

W E D N E S D A Y

I woke up to the sound of a loud thud. Sitting up, I find Taehyung face down on my floor, his foot caught on the window sill. It was still dark out so I turned on my lamp to get a better look at him.

At the sudden appearance of light, he lifted his head to look at me.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Taehyung tried to get up from the floor.

Standing up, I helped him get to his feet. "Yeah, no shit."

Smiling sheepishly, he straightened out his clothes.

"What are you doing here this early anyway?" I yawned and lay back down on my bed.

"Well, I wanted to ask if you had anything to do today," He lay down beside me. "Also I really wanted a cuddle buddy."

I laughed at the last bit of his sentence before turning to wrap my arm around him, resting my head on his chest. "Cuddling seems nice." I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"So, are you doing anything today?" He repeated his question, securely wrapping an arm around me as well. "It's the school's foundation day tomorrow, so it's not like there'll be anything important..."

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at him, observing his sharp jawline before I replied. "I told you I have to work at the Animal Shelter, didn't I?"

Taehyung tilted his head to look at me, his brown eyes scanning my face before exhaling through his nostrils. "Right, I forgot." We stared at each other for a few moments before he added: "Can't you just call in sick?"

I chuckled and broke eye contact, hugging him tighter. "You know I can't do that. Things have changed, I can't keep borrowing money from you and your parents."

He lifted my body and had me lay on top of him, trapping me in between his arms like a kid hugging a stuffed toy. "You're not borrowing, we're giving it to you."

"Yeah, but it can't always be like that." I lazily traced my index over his clothed chest. "I need to learn how to provide for myself too."

Taehyung sighed. "Okay, alright. Fine."

He didn't say anything else after that and we just laid down in comfortable silence, our breathing the the occasional shift of the sheets were heard. I listened to his heartbeat going slowly and calmly, then eventually, I fell asleep.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I looked down to see Y/N already asleep. I smiled at her peaceful expression.

How long have you looked this pretty?

Moving a bit to find a much more comfortable position, I felt her hand suddenly grip my shirt, as if telling me not to leave.

I felt my heart awkwardly skip a beat at her action. Pulling the covers over us, I watched as the sunlight slowly began to pour into the room, casting a beautiful pattern across the walls.

Y/N mumbled something inaudible and my attention returned to her once again.

Sometimes being her best friend is both a blessing and curse. I get the benefit of hugging her, playfully kissing her, feeding her, laying down with her to cuddle, knowing that she's perfectly comfortable in my arms. But I also know that she views these actions as things best friends do and nothing more.