Chapter 31

Tyreese, gone

Tyreese, gone.

Beth was gone and now Ty?

How long have we got?

I looked on the road ahead of me, and seeing the heatwave that separated me and the walkers. The heat was making sweat roll down my forehead and onto the floor where I swear I saw it sizzle, I gripped the empty bottle in my hand and threw it at the ground then eventually slumped to the ground. I turned around and saw three figures walking over our way, I turn to the floor and felt the heat radiate off of it. I kept my head still but moved my eyes to look up at Rick who was staring down at me, I looked back down and took more interest in my shoes.

Everyone was finally back and we all got into the cars, it was cramped but it could be worse. After only a couple of minutes of driving the car started to slow, I was wrong... It is worse. We all climbed out the cars and I sighed as put my bag around me, "Sky." I turn around to see Daryl, "Tell 'em that I'm going hunting." Daryl mutters but Rick hears anyway.

"Be safe, and stay close." Rick says and Daryl simply nod in reply but Carol decides to walk over "I'll go with you" She says and Daryl doesn't say anything, I pace towards him but he fades into the trees. I stop and my heart tightens as he goes without saying anything to me or hugging like he used to. I close my eyes and hear footsteps head my way, I put away my knife and walk ahead of everyone.

"Sky..." I hear Rick mutter, I ignore him but he calls me again. I stop until Rick is in step with me and we continue to walk, "He's just finding it hard, when you turned up like the way you did it broke him more. Just you wait.. He'll be okay." Rick says and I scoff. "How do you guys think I feel I'm only 11 and I'm already out on my own. No family except a brother who can't even say goodbye when he's going hunting. " I mutter then I speed up my pace.

After a hour of walking Rick decides that they should kill the walkers that were roaming behind us, Carl, Judith, Gabriel and I stay on the other side of the bridge while they took care of the walkers; "Hey, Sky can you hold Judith for a sec?" Carl asks and I hold Judith in my arms while Carl readjust his hat and weaponry belt. "Thanks" he takes ahold of Judith and I look up at Gabriel who still has his little vicar outfit on.

"Even after all this shit you still think God will save us?" I ask Gabriel and he looks down at me then looks ahead as everyone walks passed. "Listen, you've got to decide... Are you going to wait around for God to save you, or are you going to do something about it?" I exclaim then walk ahead of everyone.

I turn my head to look at the camp and saw a tired and ill-looking Maggie, she drinks a bit of water that Glenn gives her and she continues to walk ahead. I look at Daryl and saw him mumble something to Abraham, this time I'm following Daryl. I follow Daryl to where a deer had been eaten and dry completely to the bone, he continues to walk and he stops when he sees a barn then slumps himself down by a tree.

He grabs a cigarette and takes a puff, but he stops for a moment like he's deciding on what to do. He presses the cigarette butt onto his hand. I walk up to him, he stares at me shocked "You're stronger than this, and I'm sick of you not caring about the others around you. Everyone is trying to reach out to you but you block them out.-" I go through my bag and I find Merle's bandana, "Here. Maybe Merle can fix you up, because I sure ain't." I say then I walk back to the others. I get there and slump down onto the ground next to Abraham.

"Want some kid?" Abraham asks while holding out some alcohol, I grab it a take a large gulp then hand it back to him. "Tastes like sh-" the brushes rustle putting everyone on edge but when the figure emerges we calm, just Daryl. Daryl sits himself down next to me but growls can he heard, wild dogs. The wild dogs jump out but are shot in a instant, we all turn our heads and saw Sasha looking down the sight.

"Looks like we have food." Glenn says then they start to cook the food, Daryl looks at me and I turn my head to him, he opens an arm out for me and I lean into it. He slowly strokes my hair and presses his lips against my head, once we all ate and Gabriel throwing his piece of paper that 'represented him as a vicar of sorts' on the flame we all head off and Daryl heads off again on search for water and food.

We were walking slowly and the heat was still continuing to intense, but we slowed further when we see bottles of water with a piece of paper by it. I look at the group and Rick cautiously walks up to it the piece of paper said 'From a Friend', what the fuck?! What a creep! Is someone watching us? I see Daryl come out the bushes then before I know it Eugene goes to pick up water but Abraham swats it out of his hand.

We all look around wondering if someone was really watching us- wait, what just dropped on my face? I feel it and it's water? Then a down pour of water was coming down settling a smile on my face, I look over to Daryl and saw him slightly smiling at me. I walk up to him and wrap my hand around his. Suddenly a loud clap of thunder could be head making me jump, I whimper into Daryl chest and he holds me tight "I know somewhere we can go..." Daryl says.

We rush inside the small barn and shut it behind us, we all settle inside and all we hear is thunder and seeing flashes of light. I lie down on Daryl and he slowly strokes my hair, "I'm sorry I got mad and upset with you, you just needed space and I treated you like shit." I mumble into his chest, and Daryl sighed and moved me to fully face him "No, Sky... It's alright, you set me straight." Daryl says then presses his lips against my forehead then we hug.

"Get some sleep Sky..." Daryl says and I lie down on his legs, he strokes my hair and face making me smile then slowly fall asleep...

I woke up abruptly from a clap of thunder nearby then notice everyone rushing towards the door, I quickly get up and press myself against the door making sure the walkers don't come in. After an hour we hear crashes after crash and various noises that began to make my head hurt, after there was nothing pushing the door everyone just slowly walked off and fell to the floor exhausted. I walk to the far end of the barn and lie down, letting my eyes shut slowly.

I slowly wake up and see Daryl handing Maggie a jewellery box, "I fixed it." Daryl says and I sit up and sit close to him, he wraps his arm around me and they all stare at Sasha. Maggie walks up to her and wakes her up, they both walk out of the barn and disappeared into the woods. "Happy Birthday Daryl..." I say and I get his present out of his bag, I hand him the present and sit on my knees.

"It was hard to count the days but it is near July, so..." I comment as I point to the present, he smiles at the present. "Merle said that you always wanted one..." I say and Daryl smiles. "Thanks Sis..." Daryl says while smiling, "Can you put it on for me?" Daryl asks and I nod, I grab the bracelet and tie it on. I look up at Daryl and he smiles widely, "I love you sis" he confesses "I love you too big bro!" I reply and I wrap my arms around him. I'm safe with Daryl...