Chapter 11

"Walkers!" T-Dog announces and we all rush out the house, it's been a rough couple of months

"Walkers!" T-Dog announces and we all rush out the house, it's been a rough couple of months... The group haven't found a place to stay and we haven't got any food... We went back to our normal spot and I sat on a rock, I looked down at Teddy and hugged him. "Herschel, I'm worried about my sister. She's hasn't been talking in a long time, and I think she has the cold or something." I hear Daryl say worriedly.

"She's probably finding it hard when everyone is always worried and fighting. That's what Beth used to do..." Hershel reassures, I let out a cough and I wipe my nose with my jacket. Daryl walks up to me, "You okay?" Daryl questions, I nod in response, "I'll be back in a couple of hours, I'm just going out with Rick and Glenn" Daryl says softly, I nod and hug him.

"Be careful" I whisper and Daryl nods. We pull apart and I look at my shoes, not because I like them just to make sure that I don't make eye contact with anyone. I take out my colouring book and my pencil case and start colouring in a doggy. 

"Guys, I think we've found a home" Rick says wondering in, "What is it?" Hershel asks, "It's a prison", Glenn announces and Daryl walks up to me. "Start getting ready okay, we can get you some proper rest now that we've found a home" Daryl orders slowly, I nod and pack my things away and put Teddy in my bag with his head popping out. 

I jump on Daryl's motorbike and we drive, when I saw the prison come into view it didn't look that nice. "It doesn't look like a home" I say, my eyes wondering up the walls of the prison and the walkers roaming around the courtyard, Daryl slowly stops the bike, "Not yet", Daryl says while helps me down and I get out my knife. 

Glenn cuts the fence and we all get in before Glenn fixes the fence, we all run to the gate. "Okay, I'll go and shut it, Carol, Carl, Daryl and Maggie go up in the watch tower and shoot the ones that get close, Everyone else make noise and kill them. Skylar I want you to open the gate and shut it okay" Rick orders, I nod and stand by the gate, "Okay Skylar now." Rick orders, I open the gate and shut it behind Rick. 

After minutes later I open the gates and let everyone in, Daryl helped my shut it again and we both walked onto the overturned bus, I sat on there with him but I did colouring not stay on watch. 

"Got you two some food" I heard Carol say and I tense, I feel Daryl's hand touch mine and I calm. "Thank you Carol" I thank her as she hands us some food, she smiles "I'm sorry I slapped you, it's just you remind me of my daughter so much and when I saw her as a Walker... I don't know but I am so sorry dear" Carol says apologetically, "It's okay, I understand now... I shouldn't of bothered you" I say before she smiles then walks off.

"Squirrel!" I say excitedly before digging in, "Skylar, do you want this to be your home?" Daryl asks, "Yeah, if we can we can do birthdays and Christmas! And we would be safe from out there!"I boast while smiling and looking at the monsters by the fence. "Then I'll do whatever it takes." Daryl promises and I smile. 

"Me too" I agree while leaning against him and finishing my meal. "I'll go take these back" Daryl offers, I nod in reply and watch the monsters. "Rick, my Sister really badly wants this as our home. So if you need any help, I'm in. I'm in for my sister" Daryl says softly to Rick, I smile and turn around to see Daryl walking up to me, I yawn and rub my eyes. "I think it's time that you should be getting some sleep!" Daryl, I shake my head.

"I wanna stay up with you" I say sleepily, as Daryl sits I lay my head in his lap. "You better not fall asleep on me then" he says softly and I giggle, "...Daryl?" I call out quietly, and Daryl makes a 'hmmp' noise. "Have you seen Merle lately?" I ask. "no, but I do know he is out there..." Daryl answers, "I feel it too...ah I have something for you!" I announce and I open my bag beside me and grab it. 

"Close your eyes!" I say joyfully, Daryl closes his eyes, I lay it out in my hands "Open!" I order, Daryl smirks. "This is to make me badass right?" Daryl says jokingly, he holds it up, "Fuck Yeah!" I say smiling and Daryl chuckles. "I have one for myself as well!" I announce, I wrap it around my face and he smiles, then he puts his on. 

"This is awesome!" Daryl says, "I have the perfect weapon as well!" I say happily, I grab the baby crossbow out and he smirks. "A little Daryl." I announce, I look up at him and he ruffles my hair. "I'll teach you one day." he says, promising while I put it away and bring Teddy to me. "Teddy's a bit worn out isn't he..." Daryl says, "Yeah.... he is" I agree, I hold him close and lean my head on Daryl and I feel his arm go around me. 

I let my eyes close before drifting off...