Chapter 33

We all stood there waiting for the small group to reunite with us, and once I heard a knock I ran out and saw the four go towards us, I stayed by Daryl and made sure to stay safe with him

We all stood there waiting for the small group to reunite with us, and once I heard a knock I ran out and saw the four go towards us, I stayed by Daryl and made sure to stay safe with him. We all moved inside and once Aaron was reunited with Eric Aaron made a speech about how grateful he is and where the place was. 

I felt extremely sleepy by the time Glenn was talking with Rick and Daryl noticed this, he picks me up and I curl up into his arms. Daryl presses his lips against my forehead and rocks me slightly, I was light and I'm quite surprised that I hardly grew, I just grew a couple inches but I was still the smallest in the group apart from Judith. 

By the time it reached morning we were heading off and the ride there was a little long but Daryl and I kept ourselves company, soon the RV broke down and Daryl went onto the roof while I stayed on the RV. I looked ahead at the road and my palms were sweating, all this was just too surreal. I don't like this idea, it doesn't feel like this is happening. We haven't worked for this.. The RV started up again and we drove off once Rick came back.

Once we got to the community Daryl held my hand and we slowly walked off of the RV and out into the open, I slowly approached the gates with Daryl and looked at the tall gates ahead of us. Something makes us jump and Daryl shoots it, "We brought dinner" Daryl says and Aaron allows us to go into Alexandra. I slowly step inside with Daryl's hand in mine and the gate slowly shut behind us leaving the RV and the car on the other side.

"You need to hand your guns over." the small man says looking at us, "We're keeping them" Rick says and the man tries to argue but he just backs down. "-Why don't you go first Rick." Aaron says then he walks off with Rick trailing behind. I stayed with Daryl as Aaron shows us the houses, "You guys can stay here you'll be comfortable." Aaron says and we head inside while Daryl does a quick check around the house. 

"Deanna wants to talk to you after Daryl." I spin around and see Aaron looking at me, "Why?" I ask and Aaron walks up slowly "Just let her talk to you..." Aaron says then walks off to get Rick, I turn around again and look around the clean house making me feel uncomfortable. It was 2 hours until Deanna wanted to see me, I walked into her house and slumped on the little sofa. 

"You mind if I film this?" Deanna asks and I shrug. "Okay, so...You're Skylar." Deanna says and I look up at her, "What was your family like before all this?" Deanna asks and I shrug, "Why?" I simply say, I can't trust this place. Or her.

"So I can get to learn you more.." She says and I scoff. "You want to learn about me, do you really think that I would trust you or this place. You're wrong. If you or your people hurt my family I would personally blow this place up and make sure that all you nightmares come true." I say crossing my arms. 

"Don't worry, I think that this interview is over." Deanna says and I leave rudely without saying anything, Daryl rushes up to me and checks me over. "You okay?" Daryl asks and I nod, "I just threatened them." I simply say and he kisses my forehead, "Good girl" he says then laughs a little, I join in but stop as we made it to the house. By the time we got back it was late and we were all settling in for bed. I sat next to Daryl and leaned against the wall and felt my eyes droop...

*

"C'mon let's go Sky!" Carl says practically dragging me, "Wait." I simply say as I tie up my shoe laces and adjust my belt, I walk up to Daryl and kiss his cheek. "I'll be back" I say and he nods " remember what I said." he quickly comments and I nod. I follow Carl to the house and I pull my hair into a ponytail, we get to the house and we see a boy standing there. "You must be Carl and Sky, come this way" he says then we follow him. 

'I'm Ron, by the way." he introduces himself and Carl nods, we walk through the house. I ignore what he says but something breaks me to look at him "-after school" Ron says and Carl has a shocked look over his face "you go to school?" Carl questions and Ron laughs weakly, "It's a garage, ehh... Little kids go in the morning then it's us in the afternoon. Ehh, so probably you two right?" Ron asks and I shrug. 

"Guys, this is Carl and Sky. Sky and Carl this is Mikey and Edan." Ron introduces and I lean against the wall with my arms crossed over each other. They both say 'Hi' and I roll my eyes, nice. I make sure to zone out of everything and stick to my own thoughts, they exchange talk and whatnot. Carl was a little overwhelmed and I made sure that I rested my hand on his shoulder and whispered "Don't be afraid, you're Carl Grimes for god sake." I whisper then Carl smiles.

"Let's play some video games." Carl says, and I sigh. "Well, why you guys do that. I have better things to do." I say as I push off the wall and walk off back to our house where I see Daryl. "You like it?" Daryl says, "They're too... weak. That and all they do is play video games." I say and I look at Daryl who smirks, "Want to go hunting?" Daryl suggest and I smile back.

"Hell yeah." 

The next day we (Daryl and I) were walking around the place, and checking around for exits just in case. Me and Daryl felt like we were being pushed from the group and Alexandria, like we were back to being the stupid rednecks. We started to hear commotion and Daryl and I ran towards the shouts, we slowed to a walk and someone tried to punch Glenn but he got punched his other pal tried to hit him but Daryl got him in a choke hold.

Rick told him to let go and Daryl did as told with me standing behind him away from everyone else, "All of you turn in your weapons" Deanna says and some people walk off, Deanna told Rick his job and Michonne a job but left Daryl out. I walked beside him and rested my hand into his, "Are you in?" Deanna asks and both Michonne and Rick agree.

Daryl grunts then picks up his crossbow with my hand in his, he turns around and we walk off leaving the commotion behind us. "I don't like it here Daryl..." I say to him and he squeezes my hand. "Why Sky?" Daryl asks, "Have you noticed something?" I ask and Daryl shrugs.

"All the people hear aren't like us. They aren't observant like us. They haven't noticed that walkers don't smack themselves into the walls, and people do make sound, no graves... Nothing. Where do the bodies go...?"