Chapter Nine

"Okay, we are going to be talking more Adult stuff okay? So stay in here, okay?" Daryl spoke gently,  I nod and smile

"Okay, we are going to be talking more Adult stuff okay? So stay in here, okay?" Daryl spoke gently, I nod and smile. "No matter what you hear or see, you STAY HERE." Daryl said in a concerned voice, he says and I nod. "I get it Daryl, hurry your duties await!" I say softly, I giggle. "Goodbye Princess Skylar!" Daryl says dramatically, I giggle again and lean against the chair of the RV, I find some paper and pencil and start to draw.

I draw Daryl, Merle and I on the paper with Teddy next to me waving; another drawing I done was of all of the group and of course Merle! I hear a loud scream making me flinch, I stand with Teddy and run to the bathroom locking it behind me. "Don't leave...Don't leave!" I cry out while covering my ears and shutting my eyes.

Stay put.

Stay put.

After a few minutes I uncover my ears and hear nothing, I then hear a gun shot making my flinch. Then I hear silence.

Did someone get hurt? Is everything okay?

Burying my face in Teddy's chest and sing to calm myself,soon after the door swings open and I'm pulled into a hug.

"Oh thank god.." Daryl says in relief, "You told me to stay here" I say in a terrified tone. "I know I did...I'm glad you listened" Daryl replied, We both pull away. "Why?" I ask.

"Come here" he says softly, I go into Daryl arms as he picks me up with Teddy, "Wait my drawings!" I shout, I point to my drawings and Daryl looks at them before picking them up.

"Is this us?"Daryl asks, I nod in reply before smiling. "And the group! You, Me...Rick, Lori, Dale.." I ramble on, Daryl tenses therefore I stop. "What's happened?" I ask, I see Rick walk in with a sorrowful look on his face."Eh... Well..." Daryl rambles, a painful and sad look on his face, he shakes his head. "Ehhh... Skylar, Dale isn't around anymore..." Rick says, "But I saw him earlier?" I question. "Wait...Did he get hurt by the monsters?" I ask sadly.

Daryl nods, and tears emerge out my eyes, "C-Can I-I See Him?" I ask softly, Rick and Daryl shake their heads. "Please?" I ask. "I'm sorry Skylar bu-" Rick spoke, but before he could I climbed out of Daryl's arms and run towards were Andrea was sitting, I run over and saw Dale. Dale's stomach was ripped apart as blood surrounded him, a gunshot wound was planted on his head and only a little bit of blood was spilling out. I walk closer and sat down next to Dale's head, tears ran down my cheeks as I poked him "Wake up Dale...", I softly whispered sadly, I poked him again.

"Please wake up" I say in tears, "Skylar", Daryl says as he picks me up leaving Teddy on the floor, Daryl notices this and picks him up. I cry into Daryl's shoulder, "Shhh... It's going to be okay now... Dale is somewhere he can't be hurt..." Daryl softly spoke into my ear, I nod. "I'm going to miss him..." I reply.

"Well be back in 5 hours or so..." Rick announces, "Alright, Make sure you get rid of him." Daryl says with caution in his voice. "See you later" Rick says, both Shane and Rick climbed into the car and drove off. "Sis, I'll be back in a couple of hours and we can play alright?" Daryl asks, I nod letting go off Daryl's hand. I walked up to Lori and saw Glenn talking to her, "Can you make sure you get them please." Lori asks Glenn, Glenn nods and walks away, when I walk up to Lori I tug on her top to get her attention.

She knells down and smiles, "Hey Skylar, what's the matter?" Lori asks, "Can I do some work?" I question and Lori nods. "Some school work?"she replies, I nod once more. "Okay, but I got to do some work first why don't you get start on page 43 on the maths book."Lori orders, I nod and walk over to the table and sit at the table, I open the book at 43.

Times tables.

3X4... What's that?

I grab a piece of paper and wrote the question out...

3x4... 4, 1234, 8, 1234, 12!

It's 12. 6X2= ehhh... 13!

okay.... this is really hard... 9X4!

I don't know that! Eh... urgh..Next question. I can't figure it out! The letters are all jumbled up!

Lori comes over, "Okay, let's see what you have done at the moment.", she looks at it, "Sweetie, do you know your times tables?", I shake my head. "Okay, then..Let's do a bit of english. Read this...", She hands me a book and I open it up.

"On-on-once u-pon a tim-me... T-there was a prin-incess", the words are really difficult to read its all floating on the page. "I can't read it, the letters are moving..." I say worriedly, looking up at Lori. "Really focus and take your time." she says, pointing to the book. I look down at the book and sigh, "Can I go and play?" I ask sadly then Lori sighs, "Of course sweetie." she replies, allowing me to go. I climb of the chair with Teddy and walk to a tree and sit down by it and away from everyone.

I'm stupid... I don't know my times tables and I can't read. I look at Teddy and sigh, "Do you know how to read Teddy?", I move Teddy's head to shake no and I hug him. "Then we can be stupid together." I mumble sadly, I bring my knees up to my chest and let Teddy hug me. I see Daryl walking into camp and handing Carol some food, Lori walks up to him and I see Lori's face.

She looks sad and worried, she talks and then I look at Daryl, he lets his head drop and has a sad look on his face. "I'm broken." I mumble, letting quiet tears fall. Lori shakes her head and walks off, then I see Daryl turns his head to me while he put his weapon down. He slowly walks up to me then sits down beside me, "What's the matter princess Skylar..." Daryl asks softly, I sigh, "I'm stupid." I reply, "You're not stupid sweetie, your special." he comforts.

"I don't feel special. I feel broken." I mumble, nestling my head into teddy. "Don't be. Skylar you just haven't learnt the basics yet, you will soon though." Daryl replies in a encouraged tone, I shake my head. "I can't read it, it moves without my control." I cry out. "Sweetie, do you want to do some drawing?" Daryl asks happily, I look at Daryl and shake my head.

Rick and Shane pull in and slam the door shut, "Stay here okay?" Daryl says and I nod. Daryl walks over to Rick and Shane and they talk. "Teddy, what do you want to do?" I spoke to Teddy, Teddy shrugs and I sigh, Daryl walks over and gives me a hand up, "Let's go get some your colouring books." Daryl offers, I nod. We walk over to our tent and Daryl gets out a pencil case and my colouring book.

We walk over to the RV and we both sit inside, I open my book up and see a picture of a brother and sister, so I decide to colour in them. Daryl looks at me then at the picture, "Is that me" Daryl asks, I nod. "I'll add the crossbow later." I say colouring Daryl's hair and moving onto me.

"Skylar, I'll be right back. My Duties are calling me again" Daryl announces before walking off, I just nod and continue to draw...