Chapter 32

Everyone's heads snapped to the barn doors and slowly came a clean-shaven man, I stood up and Daryl stood in front of me hiding me from the man

Everyone's heads snapped to the barn doors and slowly came a clean-shaven man, I stood up and Daryl stood in front of me hiding me from the man. My height was an advantage in this situation, being small and all. "Hey-" Maggie says, "This is Aaron" Maggie continues and then Sasha shuts the door. "We met him outside, he's alone." Maggie finishes and everyone stares at Aaron.

"Hi" Aaron says and Judith starts to cry, "It's nice to meet you" Aaron continues then Rick steps forward "You said he had a weapon?" Rick asks and Maggie walks up to him in large steps and places it in his hand. Rick checks it out and shoves it into his trousers. "There's something you need?" Rick asks Aaron.

"He says there's a camp nearby..." Sasha buts in, and I look up at Daryl who still stays by my side. "He wants us to audition for membership." Sasha then says and I faintly smile but wipe it off straight away. "I wish there was another word, audition makes it sound like we're some kind of dance troop." He stops and looks around.

"That's only on Friday nights..." He then says and it falls silent.

That was a terrible joke.

"Erm...A-And it's not a camp, it's a community. I think you would all make valuable addition-" he stops "But that's not my call to make, my job is to make you come to our home.." he stops again, for dramatic pause. "If I were you I wouldn't come either. Until I knew what I was getting into..." He turns to Sasha.

"Sasha can you give him my back pack?" he asks and Sasha walks up to Rick and hands him the back pack. "Front pocket, there's an envelope." He pauses again. "There's no way I can convince you to come to our community, but hopefully those will help, and I'm sorry in advanced about the picture quality; we just found a camera-"

"No one gives a shit." Daryl interrupts. He says in front of me, "You're absolutely 100% right." He says then turns to Rick again, "I wanted that photo to be the first one to show you, because nothing I say about our community will matter. Unless you know that you'll be safe..." He stops again.

"If you join us, you will be... Each panel in that wall is a fifteen foot high, twenty feet wide slab of solid steel framed by cold-rolled steel and square tubing." Adam says excitedly, and Rick slowly stands up and stares at him. "Alive or Dead gets through that without our say so. Like I said security is obviously important in fact there's only one resources that is critical for survival..."

"the people." Rick turns to Michonne with a look. "together we're strong, you make us stronger." Rick looks at the photo then starts to make his way to Aaron. "The next photo-" my heart pounds as Rick walks to him. "you'll see inside the gates." Rick gets closer.

"Our community was first-" Rick swings his fist back and it collides with Aaron's face knocking him out. Daryl hesitates weather he goes to Aaron or protects me. "You make sure he doesn't see you, I don't want you getting hurt." Daryl says and then he leaves me behind one of the stalls and I sat down by them.

The guys check his back pack and look out through the cracks for enemies, 'Aaron mumbles something "Sit him up" Rick says and Maggie tries to butt in but Aaron says that he is fine. They help him sit up "You're being cautious, I get it... I completely understand that." Aaron says. "How many of your people are out there?" Rick asks and Aaron pauses. "You have a flare gun, it's to signal your people- so how many are there?" Rick asks and Aaron speaks up "Why does it matter?-" he pauses again.

"Why? No matter what number I'll give you -100, 30, 13, 5...1. You'll still kill me." Aaron says "Well it's hard to trust anyone when they smile after they get punched." I hear and I bring my knees up to my chest. I look up at Carl and he looks down at me, sending a smile. "How about a guy who leaves bottles of water in the road." Aaron replies and I hear silence. "How long has your people been following us?" Daryl demands.

"Long enough to see, that, you practically ignore the pack of roamers on your trail." Aaron replies, then he continues "long enough to see that despite the lack of water and food you never turned on each other." He pauses again. "You're survivors."

"And you're people! Like I said, and I hope you won't punch me, that it is the most important resource in the world." Aaron then says. Silence looms over the barn an a unsettling feeling looms over my body. "How many others are out there..?" Rick demands.

"One."

"I knew you wouldn't believe me, if it's not pictures, o-or words then what would it take for you to believe me!" Aaron exclaims. Silence looms over again "W-What if I drove you to the community? All of you." Aaron suggests. "We leave now, we get there by lunch." Aaron states. "I'm not sure how all of us get into one car." Rick comments and Aaron replies saying that he had brought a RV with him and another car so that all of us would fit.

"And you're parked just a couple miles away right?" Carol asks and Aaron speaks up "East on Ridge road, just after Route 16. We wanted to get closer but after the storm hit there was a massive road block." Aaron says then Rick and him talk about how Aaron may want to kill us and want to follow him but Aaron exclaims that he would of done it right at the barn, where he could just set the barn on fire or something.

Rick and Michonne talk to one another about what idea was safer or not, either going to check out the cars or staying and dealing with Aaron. Rick thinks for a moment and people start to volunteer to go with Michonne and Maggie, and Abraham decides to go and so does Rosita. I hear movement and planning while I continue to stay behind the planks, everyone does out and makes sure that we don't get ambushed.

Daryl quickly walks up to me and knells in front of me, "Stay here... okay?" Daryl whispers and I nod quickly, he gets up and leaves the barn letting Rick shut the door. Aaron talked about his previous job and that Rick wouldn't kill him and his party of one. "Just because we're good people doesn't mean that I won't stick a knife in your head." Rick says then Rick threatens him.

Judith starts to cry while Rick tries to crush nuts, and Aaron tells him about the jar of applesauce. Being cautious Rick grabs a spoon and tries to get Aaron to eat it, but he talks about how he was forced fed. Then once Rick was convinced he lets Judith have a bit of applesauce, I look up at Rick and he looks down at me.

He nods at me and I nod back, he winks with his eye that wasn't in view of Aaron. I sat there playing with my knife and looking at it, then my knife falls and I hear an intake of breath "Who or What was that?" Aaron asks Rick and Rick ignores him. I look at my knife and see it a few feet away, I look up at Rick. I quickly grab it and shove it into my holster, "Sky." I hear Aaron whisper I look up at Rick and take a peek through the wood structure and see Aaron looking back at me.

Then everyone burst in and places cans down onto the small piece of pallet, Rick says that we will keep the food weather we go or not. "Why aren't we going?" Carl asks his Dad, "We are going, we need this. All of us. If you don't like it speak up." Michonne expresses.

"I don't kno' man, this barn smells like horse shit. " Daryl says and Rick nods "We're going." Then Rick asks where to go, but Aaron doesn't say as he used to drive the people there. But then Rick decides to take Route 32 or 23 then walks off as Aaron doesn't say a thing.

Daryl comes to sit in front of me and I rest my head into his lap, he places his hand and brushes it through my hair. My breathing calms as he continues to calm me like I was a dog or cat, a few minutes later I feel movement as if someone was trying to sit me up. I do and I slowly open my eyes, "Hey, try eat something okay?" Daryl asks and I nod sleepily.

He hands me a spoon and I slowly eat the spaghetti o's, after I finished eating Carol took the bowl off me and Daryl helped me up once Aaron was in the car. Daryl grabs my hand and leads me to the RV, we climb inside and Daryl leads me to the beds and lies me down. "Get some sleep, okay?" Daryl says then gets up to leave but I grab his hand. "Stay...please." I ask quietly and Daryl climbs in and I snuggle into him.

"I love you Daryl..." I mumble into his top but as I drift off into a sleep I hear a deep mumble from Daryl.

"I love you too Sky.."