Chapter 22

"Daryl, what are we going to do?!" I whispered and everyones started to pile out, "Let Rick do the talking Sis

"Daryl, what are we going to do?!" I whispered and everyones started to pile out, "Let Rick do the talking Sis." Daryl says holding me close, Rick opens the gate and walks down to the fence. I started to shake as I stare at the little Jackass! The Governor had Michonne and Hershel, why can't he just leave us alone! I saw movement at the corner of my eye and saw Daryl slowly handing out weapons, he slowly hands me and AK47 and I nod at him. I see that Daryl still wore his pendent and I did too, I looked over at Carl and saw his, I think Rick still has his too. 

I look over at Rick and see them talking but I can barely hear them, I see the Governor hold Michonne Katana and my breathing hitches. Then everything went in slow motion as the Governor whacks the Katana against Hershel neck, I turn my head to Maggie and Beth with tears in my eyes and saw that they were screaming while shooting. I looked back and started to fire away, I dropped my gun and ran to my crossbow, I put it on my shoulder and picked up the AK47 then went back to firing. 

The bursted through our gates, should I get my things?! I panicked, I looked up at Daryl looking scared; but he was gone, I looked around and saw Carl. "Carl!" I yelled and ran up to him, someone was on top of him. I grabbed the guy and pulled him over, I got out my knife and stabbed him in the head. "Thanks Skylar" he says, I look around and I see that the tank had pulled up. I fired at some walkers that came in and then I fired at the other jackasses that decide to ruin people's lives. I hear a massive boom and I saw that someone blew up the tank, I climbed up the watch tower and looked at the field. I saw Carl with his Dad, I ran down towards them and I catch up with them. 

"Have you seen Daryl?" I say and both Rick and Carl shake there heads, I panic, I look around and he's no where in sight. I see Carl slowly walk up to a baby carrier and saw blood patches, Both Carl and Rick started to cry, I look behind us and see walkers. "Guys, c'mon!" I say and this time the listened they led the way while I stayed behind with my crossbow and AK47, we climbed up the top of the hill and I hear Rick say "Don't look back" he sounded like he was saying it to himself more than Carl, I turned around and saw the smoke float up into the air and the walkers tried on the courtyard.

I look at the graves that were dug, tears welled up in my eyes and I let out a sob. We're leaving Merle. My things.. I have to get to them, I turned back around and saw Rick and Carl almost out of distance, shit. I ran up to them, and saw that they were walking quite quickly, even Rick was telling Carl to slow down but Carl ignored him. "Carl slow down!" I shout and Carl ignores me. I hold Rick and make him lean against me as we walked, "Come on Rick." I say, God I hope Daryl's alive.

-Flashback (Skylar aged 3, Daryl aged17)

"Daryl! Hehe Daryl!!" I say running through the house, "Daryl?" I say slowly walking into the kitchen, I see Daryl clutching the phone, "What's the matter Daryl?" I say, Daryl turns around and picks me up then sets me down on counter. "Sis, Merle isn't going to be home for a couple of months okay?" He says looking into my eyes, "Why?" I ask while swinging my legs back and forth, "He's...on holiday" Daryl says and I giggle. 

"And he left us?" I say lifting my eyebrows, "Yeah, but that's good." Daryl says looking down, a slam of a door lifts Daryl's head and makes my head spin, "For fucks sake!" I hear Daddy say, "They're ye two are" Daddy says and he stomps his way into the kitchen, "Daryl I told ye to make dinner" Daddy shouts and pushes Daryl, "And ye should be in ye room!" Dad shouts at me then pulls me off the counter making me slam to the floor. 

Dad grips my forearm and picks me up, "Show ye what a Dixon does" Dad says and he opens the dark cellar and pushes me in, only for me to fall down the flight of stairs. The door slams and I hear Dad scream at Dad and I hear whipping, I push myself up against the corner and cry into my knees. The cellar was dark, pitch black.

After a couple of hours I hear the front door slam then I hear an engine, is it Daryl or Dad? The cellar gets flooded with light and I see Daryl rush down the stairs and rush up to me, "You okay Sis?" Daryl says and I hesitantly nod then I look at Daryl, "Stay still" I say I look at his back and see blood seeping through his top, "He whipped you again huh?" I say and Daryl nods. 

"Let's get you to bed" Daryl says and picks me up, we walk to Daryl and I's room and he sets me down on the bed, and my lip trembles, "What if, when you aren't here and I get lost a-and I get hurt or you get hurt!" I say looking at Daryl and holding his arm. "No matter what Skylar, I'll find ye." He says.

~Present

God hope so Daryl.