Chapter 16

It's been a couple of days and Andrea came to visit, I didn't want to talk to her so I stayed hidden away

It's been a couple of days and Andrea came to visit, I didn't want to talk to her so I stayed hidden away. She doesn't know if I'm alive or not.."Come on Daryl!" I say with Teddy in my arms. Daryl runs down the stairs and he picks me up as he walks, "Sis, I'm sorry but we can't go hunting today...", Daryl says as he puts me on his hip, "Can I go with you?" I ask and Daryl looks at Rick, Rick shakes his head side to side. "Sorry Sis, It's too dangerous..", I sigh as he puts me down and I hold Teddy close, I look at Merle and walk up to him. I sit beside him and look up at him as he cleans his knife, "Hey Sis...", I look up at him and smile. "Hey Merlina!", I giggle and he sends me a glare, a frown goes on my lips and I sigh as I look to the side...

"Merle...?" I say as I look up at him, "Yes." I move myself closer to him "Where were you when me and Daryl got hurt from Papa?", I ask and his eyes change, "I tried, I just had to get away from him. I would of killed him.", Merle says holding his hand out to touch my cheek, "You should of. He tried to kill us..", I say climbing off the seat and running up to my cell. I climb up and curl up into a ball with Teddy hiding my face, "We should go there guns blazing!" I heard Merle shout, "No! Let them sort it out.." Glenn says. I'm going to find Daryl...

I get up quietly and put Teddy in my bag with my supplies, I grab my knife and put it in my holster. I quietly sneak downstairs and I sneak out of the prison into the courtyard, I sneak through a small hole in a fence and ran out. I looked at the car tracks on the floor and followed that, I ran and I saw a car drive and I notice Hershel driving. I follow it and I see him park outside a small hut with another car next to it, I see Andrea walk inside. I stay hidden by a large tank and I continue to watch on, I see Daryl get out a puffer and take a puff. I see Hershel sitting there reading his book while a man talks to him, I hear a loud growl which makes me turn around. 

I step back as it came closer, I heard a lot more groans and I started to panic. Come on, if Daryl can do this... I can. I grab my knife, I jump up to the walker and stab it in the head. I see another so I et my bat out of my bag and swung it, it fell but I continued to whack it getting mucky blood all over me. I looked up and saw an angry Daryl, "Sis! What do you think you are doing!?". He grabs my arm which makes me wince in pain, "I told you it is too dangerous!", his grip gets tighter and his voice gets louder, "SIS WHY DO YE HAVE TO BE SO STUPID!", tears started to run down my cheeks and I cry in pain, he lets go and I step away from him and I bump into Hershel.

I hide behind Hershel's leg, that's the first time Daryl has ever shouted and me... "Wait, Sis... I'm sorry. It's just that...", he sighs and walks up to me, Hershel moves away and Daryl goes to my height. "I just wanted to...to help...", he holds my hands and looks me in the eyes, "I know, but Sis you shouldn't be out here...", I slowly nod as tears run down my cheeks. "I'm sorry, for acting...-".

"Like Papa?", I say as I looked at him in the eyes, "Y-Yeah...", He picks me up and we walk to the car, "You stay in here okay?", Daryl asks and I nod, he puts me in the car and I sit inside grabbing Teddy and holding him. "Is that your Daughter or something?" I hear someone say, "Piss off.", I hear Daryl say as he walks off. I crawl to the other side of the car to see Hershel and that man talking again, the man looks at me then he pushes his glasses up, I wave and smile. He waves but focuses back to his conversation, I see a man next to Daryl. He looks at me, I smile and wave then he looks at me funny before sending a wave. 

I see Andrea walk to the car and she opens it up, "Hey, glad to see you", she says and I nod, "Are they nice?", I ask as I looked over Andrea, "Who? Milton and Martinez?", I nod and she smiles, "Very nice", I hold teddy close and Andrea smiles and me again, "Can-Can I say hi to them?", I ask and she nods as she smiles. She picks me up and walks up to the glasses man, "Milton this is Skylar", I waved to Milton and he nods, "Hello", I giggle as he talks, "You talk funny", I say as I look at Hershel as he smiles up at me. "It's very nice to meet you!", I say as I look at Andrea, Andrea walks to Martinez. 

"Martinez, this is Skylar", Daryl looks up at me and smiles, "Hello Martini! It's very nice to meet you", I say and Daryl and Andrea chuckle. "It's Martinez not Martini, though I would kill for one right now.", I hear a door open and I see the same man who tried to hurt me and my brothers walk out with Rick. "We better go", I'm lifted out of Andrea's arm and I'm taken to the car. I sit in the back seat as Hershel and Rick are at the front and Daryl on his motorcycle. 

I look at Rick and he looks upset, "Rick?", I say and he looks at me then back at the road, "Are you still upset about Lori?", I say and he sighs as he grips the steering wheel, "Yes, he is sweetie.", Hershel says, "Well, If she's up in heaven wouldn't she be safe from all this? And she wouldn't have to go through the pain of seeing other die...Right?", I say and Rick as a look on his face, "I know you see her Rick", I say as I sat closer to him, "It's the same with my Mama. I never told Daryl but I thought of the good things about her not being here.", I say and Hershel looks at Rick. 

We arrive at the prison and Rick sighs as he turns his head to me, everyone climbs out and I do too. "Rick! Skylar's gon-", Carol sees me and sighs angrily. "For Fucks sake, we thought she fucking left!", I hear Merle say, I looked around and sighed. I climbed up to the tower and sat inside looking out onto the field. I bring Teddy out and put him on my lap, I lie down and just as I close my eyes I hear footsteps get closer...