Chapter 34

"You want to come out with me before I go out for a few days?" Daryl says as he picks up his crossbow, "Yeah!" I say as jump up, I walk over to my jacket and flung it on

"You want to come out with me before I go out for a few days?" Daryl says as he picks up his crossbow, "Yeah!" I say as jump up, I walk over to my jacket and flung it on. I grabbed my weapons and placed them by my hip and on my shoulder, I walk up to Daryl and he scruffs up my hair "Hey!" I say while laughing, he pulls me close while chucking.

We walk down the steps of the porch and I see a few kids my age laughing and playing around, they stop and turn to me for a moment. Their mouths move slowly and they turn to each other in a whispering conversation, I look up at Daryl and I take his hand as we slowly move out towards the gates. We reach the gates and Daryl talks to the person who was guarding the gates and walls, after a few minutes he comes back to me and we walk out the open gates.

We walk through the woods and walk throughout, "So, you're going to be safe while I'm out?" Daryl says looking down at me, "Of course! I'll be sticking to hunting and stuff" I say looking down and then tilted my head to the side, "No, no hunting. You stay with Carol." Daryl says sternly, and I stop in my step. "What?" I pause, "You're joking right?" I pause once more, "You expect me to stay and do nothing all day!" I exclaim.

"Yes, that's exactly what I want you to do. I don't want you getting hurt." Daryl says and I sigh, "Fine." I say and we walk out onto a field it was weird though, the field was flat and the reeds were extremely tall but no walkers? "This is weird, no walkers?" I say and I walk out ahead, then I feel no floor. As I scream I quickly grab onto a piece of root then was thick, I look down and there I saw a large drop that had walkers groaning on there knees as they break something as they fall.

"DARYL!" I cried out, I heard running as I hold tight to the root. I see Daryl in my sight and he tries to reach me, tears ran down his face. The tighter I try to hold on the more I slip, "Daryl!" I screeched. My heart was racing, oh god! I'm gonna die! In a pit full of walkers! How original! I try to reach for Daryl's hand but I can't reach, I reached my hand up and Daryl leans over and our hands collide and he grips it.

"Shit, Sky don't let go!" Daryl shouts making the walkers more rilled up, I use both hands to hold his arms and he pulls me up but I slowly slip with my sweaty hands and Daryl sweaty arms. "Daryl!" I cried, tears ran down my face as I tried to scamper up onto the flat floor. But I continue to fall, "Don't let go!" Daryl says as he pulls me up and he pulls me back onto the dirt and holds me tight.

I look at him and hold him tight, "I'm sorry Daryl." I pause for breaths, "I'm sorry." I finish and Daryl holds me tighter, "Let's get back.." he says as he lifts me up in my arms and he runs back, as he does I feel a sharp pain on my arm and hand. I moan a little as I look down to look at them, they were bleeding and the large gash that ran from my forearm to the top of my palm, "D-Daryl..." he slows and looks at me.

"What's the matter?" he says worriedly, "My arm." I say and Daryl settles me down on a fallen tree then I show him my arm, "Alright, let's get you back" Daryl says and he picks me up and we walk, "I can walk Dare" I say and Daryl chuckles, "You think I'm going to let you walk after what just happened. I'm not letting go now." Daryl says and holds me up closer.

Daryl walks to the gates and it opens up, "I'll take you to Pete." Maggie says as she steps out, Daryl slowly places me on the floor and brushes my hair. "I'll be at the house Sis.." Daryl then kisses my cheek and walks off, I look up and see the sky an orange colour and see the sun slowly setting. "Let's go" Maggie says as she gently grabs my other hand that wasn't injured, we walk to the small house and a man walks out.

"Okay Natalie be careful with that hip!" Pete says to the old woman walking with an old man, Pete turns to us "Ah, Maggie! Who's this?" Pete questions, "This is Skylar Dixon, she's hurt her arm and hand. Can you fix her up?" Maggie asks, "Sure, C'mon Skylar" Pete says and I slowly let go of Maggie's hand and I walk up to Pete who then grabs a hold my hand, we walk up to a small room were a bed and medical supplies were held at.

"Right, Skylar, can you sit on here for me?" Pete says and he opens up a cabinet, he starts a camera up and I look at him confused. "Why are you recording?" I ask and Pete glances at me, "Just precaution." Pete simply says and then talks to camera about my injury, what my name and age is.

He turns the camera off after he fixes my arm up and then turns to me, "So you know Rick?" He says to me and his eyes were a little off, "Yes, he's a great man why?" I ask and he groans, "Man! He doesn't know what a Man is if it shot him in a face." Pete says and I clutch one of my fists then stand up straight to him.

"He's a better man than you will ever be! Why do yo-" I felt a slap against my cheek, I looked at him and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and he doubled over. "Don't you ever say that again!" I shout and he groans, "Why you litt-" he gets his hands and goes for my throat. I struggle to remove his hands, my small hands wrapping his fingers trying to pry his hands open. He slams me into the wall for more grip on his hands around my neck, his eyes burn into mine. His eyes greyish blue staring at my blue one.

"Pete!" I hear a high pitched voice say, I slowly turn my head to see Jessie. Pete drops me and I fall to the floor gasping for air, "Pete, what do you think you're doing? She's just a kid!" Jessie says as she walks over to me and helps me up, "Let's get you to Rick..." Jessie says and Pete groans as he walks out, Jessie places an arm around me and we walk outside.

My eyes started to blur and go black at the corner of my eyes, I try to focus on my breathing "Sky?" I hear a voice say, "Let me lift y-" "I'm fine" I interrupted and my eyes were going dark and I felt my body fall...

Unlucky day for me

Or is it Karma?