Chapter 21

I opened my eyes up slowly and let out a yawn, ugh

I opened my eyes up slowly and let out a yawn, ugh... I feel so clammy, I might just stay in bed for a bit longer. My head was pounding like Carl was smacking his gun against the prison cell bars, errr? Is there something in my throat? I let out a cough but more coughs wanted to come, I let out another cough and held back another. I rested my head on the mattress, I pulled the blanket off me as it was too hot. What time was it? I looked out my cell and to the window and saw the sun, it was around 9 o'clock. 

I heard footsteps come up the stairs which echoed through my aching head and I groaned, "Sis come on w-" I look up at Daryl and he stares at me, "Daryl, please 5 more minutes" I let out a cough and turned to the side, "...Uh..Sis, you have the flu." he says and I shake my head, "It's probably just a mild cold." I say into the mattress, "Sis, come with me." I groan and sit up, I feel the blood rush up to my head and I clutch my head in pain.

"Urhgg..." I say and Daryl helps me up, "Come on." Daryl says and I feel weak at my knees, "I can't." I say with my eyes half open, "Alright wait a sec" I look up at Daryl and he puts on a handkerchief and wraps it around his mouth, he then picks me up which makes me groan in pain. Everything went in a blur and the next minute I was outside cell block D, "Skylar!" I turn my head slowly to Carol, "Oh, sweetie." She says and I just sigh but let out a couple of coughs, "Let me take her in" I hear a voice say and I see that it's Glenn. 

Daryl puts me down and I slowly walk to Glenn, "I'll take care of her Daryl" I hear Glenn say, "Please" Daryl says, I turn my head to him and I send him a sad look. "I'm going to be alright, aren't I?" I ask Daryl, "You'll be fine hun." Daryl says, I simply nod and I feel Glenn slowly push me into the cell block. I walk in to see people slowly walk around pale, and sickly looking. I still don't even know what's going on? 

"Come on, let me take you to a cell." Glenn says and we walk up the stairs and at the end. He lightly pushes me in "If you need me just holler" Glenn says and I nod. I slowly sit down on the bed and sigh, I cough but it starts to hurt my chest, I feel like shit. I rub my eyes and I get my foot and slam my cell shut, I lay myself down on the cell bed and close my eyes..

I wake up and I feel myself drenched in sweat, I feel the urge to cough and I do; but the coughing doesn't stop and I feel liquid in my hands, I slowly stop and look at my hands. I rub my hands on my jeans, I feel more liquid run up my throat and I feel it flow out of me as I crouch down and throw up. I stop and catch my breath, I get up and slid open my cell door and I almost trip but I stop myself at the bars. The room around me spun and I only just started to hear screams, I started to cough again and I see Maggie at the end with Glenn who was passed out on the floor.

"Maggie" I rasps out but it was croaky as I coughed more, I feel now oxygen come to me and I feel my eyes blacken slightly, "DADDY!" I hear Maggie say as I plummet to the floor. 

"Keep firing!" I hear someone say, "Skylar! Where are ye!" I hear another voice say, "She's up here!" I hear another voice say, "Here's the meds!" I hear the same voice say, I groan and turn my head. "She's gone Daryl! You have to stop it!" What? I slowly open my eyes then I see a trigger about to be pulled, I push the gun higher but I feel the bullet brush passed my leg. I turn my head and see Daryl with tears running down his face but a shocked look covered his face.

"I'm...still...not...dead." I say gasping for breath for each word, "Shit sis. You said she stopped breathing!" Daryl says looking over at someone, I turn my head and see Maggie, "s-she did! how?" Maggie says and looked at me, "Can I get up?" I say and Daryl nods, Daryl helps me up and I feel my head becoming dizzy. "Woah there." Daryl holds my arm, "Don't want you falling over" Daryl says.

"I was only sleep for an hour and all this happens?" I say rubbing my eyes, "You were asleep for 2 days Skylar. Then you woke up and passed out outside the cells." Hershel says and I looked at him shocked. "Let's get some food in you" Daryl walks me down the stairs and out into the courtyard, I spot my crossbow by a bench. "My baby" I say walking up to it and holding it, "cleaned it up for you before the run." Daryl says, I look up at him and smile. "So where's Hershel? I want to say thank you to him for helping everyone out" I say and Daryl smiles, "He's out with Michonne, they're burning bodies" Daryl says and sighs, "How many?" I say, "A lot." Daryl says and I close my eyes only to feel arms around me, "Don't worry Sis, nothing can hurt us." Daryl says and I smile against his chest.

KAAABOOOMM CRASSHHH

Daryl covered me and we both looked up to see that the prison had a massive hold in it, we run over to the fence and see what caused this...more like who. 

The Governor.