Chapter 29

~Daryl's POV

~Daryl's POV

After dinner I felt Skylar come to my side and rested her head against my stomach, I stroke her hair helping her sleep. Her breathing evens and I stop stroking her hair, "Hey..." I turn my head and see Maggie, "Hey..." I trail off and continue to look at Skylar. "She worries about you. While you were hunting she kept looking around asking if she could go out on her own." Maggie says and I look up at her, "Don't...What ever you do. Don't let her follow me or go out on her own" I say and Maggie nods, "Of course." she says. I don't want my sister to get hurt, or even worse be a walker. Not like Merle...She is all I got. I turn my head around and saw Carol stepping out of the Church, where is she going? I place Skylar down on the bench and I get up, taking my crossbow with me and I rush out of the Church.

~Skylar's POV

"Skylar..." I hear a voice say and I open my eyes to see Rick, I sat up and saw Bob lying on the floor..."Oh my god" I say as I stepped back seeing a bite mark and a chopped up leg, Sasha sat there staring at Bob with sad eyes. I stood up and stood next to Maggie hoping that everything will be alright, "C'mon Skylar.." Maggie says as she leads me away from everything, "What's happened to Bob?" I say with a small timid voice, "He was bitten sweetie...." Maggie says going down to my height, "So Rick tried to cut his leg off, right? Like Herschel?" I say and Maggie sighs, "...yeah...Yeah sweetie, but we were too late." Maggie says and I nod sadly, "Where's Daryl?" I say looking around, "He's...ehh.. Gone hunting with Carol." Maggie says and I nod.

"Why don't you go and help Carl with Judith?" Maggie says, "Can I go outside?" I say looking down at the floor, "Yeah, okay...Be careful, okay?" Maggie says and I nod as I turn round then made my way outside, I turned and saw Abraham walk away from the bus and I walk up and inside the truck. I sit on the seat and stare out the window.

"Skylar? Sky, honey?" I opened my eyes and saw Maggie sitting in front of me "Yeah..?" I say while yawning and rubbing my eyes, "You want to come with me sweetie?" she says and I look around then nod, "Is Daryl here?" I say and Maggie shakes her head, "Will he know?" I say and Maggie nods, "Okay...." I say and I run to the Church to grab my things, "Skylar... Are you sure you want to go?" Rick says and I turn around to see him at the doorway, "I'll be with Maggie" I say as I put my back pack on my back, "Okay, I'll make sure Daryl will understand." Rick says and I nod as we both walk out the Church and I climb onto the bus and sit in the back seat.

"You'll know where to find and catch up to us..." Abraham says to Rick, "Skylar, Daryl will catch up to you..." Rick says through the window and I nod, "Let's go!" Abraham finally says, climbing on board. We soon headed off and the bus ride was quiet, but eventually everyone was talking. "Sky, you okay?" Glenn says and I slowly turn my head to them, I give them a slight nod and I turn back to the window.

Suddenly I feel a thump then a bang, the car then swerves and then goes over a car then smashes to the floor sideways, my vision blurs as it smacks against the window but then sudden pain goes through my right leg and my right arm, I let out a scream in pain and I hear coughs and moans from everyone. "Maggie!" I say with loss of breath, "Skylar!" I hear Maggie and then I hear movement, "SKYLAR!" I hear Maggie shout, she comes out then knells down. 

"Can you feel your arm and leg?" Maggie says and I nod, "It hurts." I say, gritting my teeth. "Okay, Glenn help me get here up on her feet." Maggie says and I turn my head to her to see her and Glenn moving towards me, "Tara get everyone's things" Glenn says as he picks me up, I groan in pain. We all get out and I see Abraham, Rosita, Tara and Maggie killing the last walkers. Once they finish it up Glenn puts me on the floor, "We need to get her back." Tara says, "We're not going back, only forward." Abraham says grabbing his things and looking at everyone.

"I..can..walk." I say as I try to sit up, "See, now let's go." Abraham says and he grabs his things and Maggie helps me up, "Le's go!" Abraham shouts and I grab my bag while limping my way to follow them. I look at my injuries, there was a large scratch on my right arm and I looked down at my leg and saw a piece of metal through it. 

Well, shit.

"We have to rest up! Let's stay here..." Glenn says and they clear it out as I lean against the building huffing and puffing, after a while Maggie slowly comes out and looks at me. I send a weak smile but my energy was too low, Maggie turns around and Glenn exits with her and looks at me then Maggie turns to him and talks. 

I started to make my way over but I collapse to the floor, Maggie and Glenn run over and help me sit up. Maggie checks me over and sends a worried glance to Glenn "She's getting worse Glenn." Maggie says worriedly. "Get her inside, give her water and we'll check her over." Glenn says and they both help me up and we head inside, they lay me down by a bookcase. 

I rest my head on my spare jacket that Maggie had placed, I look up at Maggie with pained eyes and she sent a sad smile. "My bag.." I say quietly, Maggie gets my bag, "picture.." I say breathless, she rummages through my bag then stops. She slowly takes out my picture and hands it to me, I look at the photo and saw Daryl and Merle. Michonne had given it to me while we were looking for everyone, she had gone back to the prison and had taken Herschel's pain away.

"Daryl..Doesn't know.." I say looking up, then Tara comes up to us and hands Maggie some food. "Thanks" Maggie says and she looks at me and nods, she slowly leans me against the bookcase. "Pull...the metal..out." I say looking at the metal. "It's not fully in." I slowly say and Maggie places the bowl down, "Glenn!" Maggie says loudly then Glenn runs towards us. 

"We got to pull it out." Maggie says, "Okay, I'll get some blankets." Glenn says, and then I see everyone running around, but eventually Glenn, Tara, Maggie and Rosita are around me. "On 3" Glenn says, but then suddenly everything becomes a blur. I feel a sharp pain through my leg and I feel a hand wrap around my mouth, was I screaming? 

The pain made the corner of my eyes turn black, I feel a hand slip into mine and I grip it but I feel my eyes roll back into my head and everything turned black...