Chapter Three

Voices, deep but broken voices could be heard

Voices, deep but broken voices could be heard. I slowly wake up and sit up, the night was dark and air was thick. I look around and feel my head have a tightening sensation as I turned, I cough and slowly climb out of bed. I held Teddy close to me and step to the window where I saw a man with a police uniform, I move away from the door and sit back on to the bed. I look around for my bag and spot it under the bed, I look inside for anything to keep me occupied but to no avail.

I slowly walk to the door with Teddy, my chest slightly hurting but I ignore it. I look up, open it and then slowly walk down the stairs but suddenly my chest begins to hurt making me whimper. Maggie spots me and drops a bowl of dirty water, she calls Hershel and rushes to me as I fall on the stairs, tears escaping my eyes.

"Dad!" Maggie shouts and picks me up, Hershel comes after us and I back in the room. Pain soured through me and I continued to ache then a coughing fit comes over me, Hershel checks me over but before I could do anything I passed out once more.

I woke up once more with a drip attached to me, I look around drowsy and stopped at where I saw Maggie leaving. "Maggie" I called out but my voice was dry, I cleared my throat and I climbed out of bed. Each step was wobbly and each step (while dragging the drip) I could hear voices louder, deep and aggressive voices; the voices slightly scared me but I heard footsteps fade away as I reach the door.

Before I could reach the door, it opens up. I look up and see a man with curly black-like hair, rough-looking and looked like he had hurt his ankle. He smirks, "Hey little kid, so you're the one we were wasting supplies on.." he says, his voice was haunting and dark. "Hey Sha-" a man with curly-mousy coloured hair...

His voice was stern but slightly broken, like he had been crying. "Hey little one..", he says with a cheery voice, he crouches down to my level and looks at me. "Is Hershel your daddy?" he asks me but I look down and slightly shake my head, being shy.

"Oh, so where's your daddy?" he asks and I shrug, looking down your feet. I hear footsteps rushing up and then stop near us, I look up and see Maggie. "Sky.." she sighs in relief, she comes to me and pick me up, she looks at me and then at the men. "I think you should talk to my Dad.." she says, warning them.

"Let's put you to bed Sky.." she says calmingly, she lays me down and tucks me in. She looks at me, "You want me to change your clothes?" she asks but I shake my head before snugging into the bed.

It wasn't until morning that I was visited again, this time it was the man with the brown hair. "Hey little one, what's your name?" he says calmly and politely, I look down at Teddy being shy. "It's okay, I won't hurt you.." he says and I look back up at him, his eyes soft.

"My name is Skylar Dixon" I say before looking down being shy, I hear him take a intake of breath. "I-Is your brother called Daryl?" he asks excitedly, I looked up and nodded.

He smiles, "Would you like to come with me Skylar?" he asks as he holds his hand out, I take it while holding Teddy in my injured arm. He helps me up and then guides me out of the house, the fresh air hitting me.

"Stay here.." he says then rushes off, I sit down on the stair and stare around. The cool air cooling me, I close my eyes and breath and my chest slightly tightening as I breathe..

"Sky..." I hear him, I slowly turn and see Daryl. Tears form and I smile at him, he runs up to me and cuddles me tightly, I giggle and he lets me go. He checks me over and notices the drip that was still attach to me, "What happened?" he asks me but I simply shrug.

"Don't ever leave me again.." he says before kissing my forehead, he looks at me and gently strokes my cheek. Hershel walks out and looks down, "You must be Daryl" Hershel says and smiles. "Sky had a gotten a small flu but we managed to help her, we saw he stumbling across the farm. Mumbling your name, she should be better now.." he says and smiles.

Daryl nods then cuddles me once more, his body warm and safe. I missed him, I breathed in and I could smell home.. The home I once had, which there was none now.

"I went after you, you were gone... I got so scared that we had lost you..." Daryl says next to my ear, he picks me up and places me on his hip while holding me tight.

"I am never, ever going to lose you. I'm never leaving you again. I'm gonna keep you safe." Daryl says, staring at me with tears in his eyes.

"Where's Merle? Is he here?" I say as I look around, a slight dull pain begins in my head and the tickle in my throat returns.

"He's somewhere, I don't know where. We're going to find him." Daryl replies, I felt my head slightly drop back but I manage to keep it up. My eyes droop slightly and my head falls back again, my hearing comes unclear and my head falls back as my eyes roll back.

But I could still hear faint cries of my brother who I only just reunited with...