Chapter 19

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 19

Riley

Getting settled into work was fairly simple. The menu is similar to the one at my dad's diner. Granted the recipes are definitely different. I've tasted the food here and they don't come close to my dad's. I am biased there, no one can come close to my dad's cooking.

Except for Georgia, she's excellent

Hearing the bell, hooked on the front door ding, I turn around and see a group of four girls walk in. Recognizing the redhead that smashed my fingers that first day I met Aiden with a few of her cheerleader friends, a soft groan escaped my lips. Then I silently pray they don't sit in my section.

I'm good about ignoring bad behavior from customers. I know I'm usually not likely to see them again once they leave the restaurant. Working so close to campus, I unfortunately know most of the people who come in here are students. It's not as easy here to ignore them when I've seen several already who are in some of my classes.

"My lucky day." I sarcastically mutter, seeing the four sit down at one of my open booths.

When the redhead lifted her hand and began snapping her fingers for attention, I paused and just gawked at her. I was actually stunned by her audacity. I've seen a lot of crummy behavior before in dad's diner but this takes the cake.

"Waitress!!" Snap! Snap!! "Waitress!! Can we get some service here!?" She flips her red curls over her shoulder and rolls her eyes. "We should have picked someplace with better service. I know this was close by but I'd have driven to get something that resembles a quality restaurant. I bet the food is filled with grease too."

I stiffen my spine before Mae,the older waitress, walks by me towards the kitchen and mutters, "Better you than me, honey. I'm liable to spit in her drink and put hot peppers on her burger. Spoiled bitch."

Releasing a short snort of laughter, I walk through the tables to the far booth. "Can I get you ladies started with drinks?"

"It's about time you noticed us. I'm parched!" The redhead dramatically fanned her face. "I swear it's so hard to find decent staff nowadays. I want water, bottled not tap. Minimum ice, but I don't want hot water. And a slice of organic lemon on the side. Do you got that?"

I nodded and looked at the other girls. "And for you?"

"They'll have the same thing. Wait! I know you!" The redhead sneered, narrowing her eyes on mine.

"I'm sorry, I don't think so. I'll get your drinks." Turning to walk away I don't look down and take the first rushed step away I trip, and fall into the table across from the girls. Looking back, I see the redhead slide her leg under the table.

She did that on purpose!

"I do know you! You're that little mouse who thinks she can get Aiden. I know you, I saw you with his family at the game over the holiday. I have to ask, how did you get Bradford to feel sorry enough for you to give you the impression he was actually interested in you? It's not like a guy like Aiden doesn't have the ability to get any girl he wants."

"He doesn't feel sorry for me. I'll get your drinks." Moving quickly behind the counter, I start working on the waters.

"Don't you let those girls get to you, honey. They're just jealous of you." I look over at the older woman and begin to disagree with her. "Oh yes, they do. Take it from someone who's been around this campus for three decades. Those little girls are jealous of you."