Chapter 3

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 3

Green Eyes and Curls

Riley

The hard hand on my lower back skims over my bare skin. What feels like little bubbles start bursting in my stomach. It's like small snaps of electricity hitting my skin where his fingers are touching me. Staring up with wonder at the greenest eyes I've ever seen, I seem to float closer to him. His lips move saying something to me but the music is so loud and my head is so fuzzy, I don't understand what he says.

"Curls? I found you." A lopsided smile slips over his face and there's little creases in the corner of his eyes as his smile widens. That big hand on my back brings me against his chest when I stumble a bit getting my footing. "I've been looking everywhere for you this week."

"I'm so sorry. I can't keep my balance in these. The shoes are a punishment for me not staying home and studying tonight." I hold up the painful culprits showing him what I mean.

He looks at the shoes I'm holding up and humorously tilts his head to take a good look at the golden spike of the heels. My fingers lose their hold and I fumble the shoes. Dropping them to the floor, I quietly curse under my breath and try to bend over to pick them up. Spinning around with my back to the guy, I bend, tilting my hips back and into a warm body.

I can just hear him as my rear rubs against him. "Shit!"

Realizing the position we're in, I quickly try to get out of the way. In the process, I lose my balance again. There's immediately a big hand holding my hip to steady me. Then with his help shifting myself back up and around to face him. I stop fast against his chest but the room seems to keep moving on me.

Why do they have a moving floor in this place?

I look down frowning trying to figure out how to get the shoes without falling on my head but I'm bumped into and fall forward pressing tight against Mr Green Eyes. Gripping onto his biceps, I try to pull away but I've got no balance at all. He holds onto me, thank goodness, and brings me against his chest. Then with a soft laugh, sets his bottle of beer on the nearest table. Bending over, he scoops up the shoes and keeps hold of me while he does it.

"I got em." His voice is gentle against my ear as he tucks my hair away from my face. "Are you okay?"

"Bradford! I got her, don't worry, she just got away from me for a minute." Sebastian coolly steps up behind me and tries to take my arm. "Come on doll, let's finish our conversation upstairs."

Looking at the baseball stud, who thinks I'm willing to go with him, I take a small step then another closer to dreamy eyes. I don't think I want to go with him. A red flag seems to be screaming at me that this wouldn't be a good idea and I grab hold of the front of my new friend's shirt fisting the soft cotton in my hand and holding tight to the back of the same black T-shirt.

He seems to get the message when his arm tightens around me. My heart is pounding and my head feels like it's spinning in time to the music. The loud bass is pulsing through the bottom of my feet, I'm so hot and queasy. The hand touching my back firmly keeps me upright and against that very muscular, very hard chest.

"She's with me, Mattox." His voice calls over my shoulder. There's something icy in the look in those green eyes now that wasn't there a second ago. With a blink, he's looking back at me and those bright green eyes go soft again. "Right, Curls? We met last week in the quad. And I was hoping you'd show tonight."

His hand cups my face, lifting my chin so I have to look up at him, I feel his fingers rest just under the side of my jaw on my neck. My head is heavy as it falls back and I feel really tired. As he watches my face his eyes darken, those black brows lower over his eyes as he searches my face. I lick my lips trying to find my words but everything is fuzzy.