Chapter 5

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 5

Thank you's

Riley

Monday is one of my busier days. My first class is at seven in the morning, my last is at four in the afternoon. I carry a full load of classes and try to give myself study time. I didn't block in time for entertainment and I tend to forget meals. Keeping granola bars, a piece of fruit or a candy bar in my bag for those moments.

My schedule is a bit more crazy today since I'm squeezing in my meeting with my professors TA. Since my early class is a power yoga class, it helps me to wake up and get focused. Sitting in my communications class I'm watching the clock. My meeting is right after this class and as long as it doesn't run over, I'll be able to run upstairs and meet my TA.

Five minutes

He drones on monotonously. It's not a boring class, I actually enjoy this one. It's the teacher that is killing it for me. His voice nasally and monotone in the large auditorium. If I hadn't gotten a good night's sleep last night, I would be asleep in my chair. I'm glad I took a yoga class early. The extra endorphins are keeping me awake. Twirling my pencil in my fingers, I look at the clock again.

Three minutes

The class is as antsy as I am. I see people around me stretch out like they're just waking up. Others are packing up their things to get moving. One guy is slapping his cheeks, another is wiping drool off his mouth. A girl is doing her makeup and there's a redhead giggling softly with her friend as she scrolls on her phone.

One minute

As I hear the familiar run down of the assignment details, I start packing up my things. Shoving my laptop in my bag, my pencil and notebook follows. Standing up as soon as we are dismissed, I pick up my bag and the redhead knocks into me, pushing my bag off my arm and sending it crashing to the concrete floor.

"Oops." She giggles giving me the impression that it wasn't an accident.

I hear the shattering of my laptop and close my eyes. It's an expense I don't need right now. I don't have time to freak out. Grabbing my bag from the floor and pushing my way around the giggling redhead, brushing her aside and effectively knocking her on her ass as she trips over her friend's foot and falls backwards with a high pitched scream. Glancing back at her, my eyes widen not meaning to hurt her but between the angry embarrassment on her face and the people laughing at her around us I can't help but smirk. It's not often karma is so quickly given.

Nerd 1 Bimbo 1

Rushing out, I head upstairs to the faculty offices to meet the TA. Hurrying down the hall to the door and pausing I take a deep breath and hope I don't look too frazzled from that run in and up the stairs. Yanking my hair back into a long curling tail, I tie it back and settle down. I've asked for tutoring before and have been a tutor, it's not a big deal. Reaching up and with a quick knock, I tell myself there's no reason to be nervous.

So why am I?

"It's open!" I heard a voice call out.

Pushing the door open, I see a guy sitting at the desk. His back to me as he hunches over the desk working on his computer. A baseball hat is turned backwards on his head, his broad muscular shoulders flex and move as he types. Ripped jeans cover thick thighs and old beat up dirt covered tennis shoes on his bouncing feet.

"One second and I'll be with you. Gotta finish this last paragraph." He holds up a finger as I wait quietly for him to be done. "And done! So you need some tutoring in business law..."