Chapter 14

Thank you for reading Enjoy !

Chapter 14

Aiden

"I'm okay, really! I can play!" Arguing with our trainers is useless but I want to play.

They took me off the field on the golf cart and back to the locker room. I'd had the wind knocked out of me. The linebacker that hit me was huge. I hit my head pretty hard when I went down but I'm fine. I swear I'm fine.

"Aiden, you hit your head hard. You were out for a good five minutes. You've got a concussion. Yes, you'll be fine but you're not going back into the game tonight." Our trainer insisted just as Blake, Dad and Matt pushed into the room.

"You okay? Is he okay?" Dad ignores me and asks the trainer who just repeats what he just told me.

"You scared the shit out him." Matt says softly coming over to me with Blake. "Your mom is worried too."

I hate that this worries her or any of the family. They comes to as many games as they can to support us, I don't want them to worry about me. Blake's hand comes down on my bare shoulder and squeezes. He's been in the same position I am. He understands this better than the rest of the family.

"Any blurriness, dizziness? You feel like you're gonna puke?" He asks knowing exactly what happens with a concussion.

"A little at first but I'm okay now. I know I can't go back out there and play tonight but damn it, I wanted to play for Riley. I wanted her to see me at my best." Rubbing my head I'm just so frustrated with myself for letting the guy get to me.

"I understand that Aiden. And she saw you. She's worried too. I'm glad you're okay, kid." Blake pulls me in and hugs me.

He's my idol. I love my Dad but I've always been closer to Blake. He understands my want to play the game. He encourages me and pushes me to do better, on and off the field. He makes me want to be a better person.

"They said you can come up to the box with us for the rest of the game. Since we've got Grace with us, they can talk to her if there's any problems. Why don't you get cleaned up and dressed." Matt always finds the way to fix things. He's been the glue in this family for as long as I can remember.

Going into the shower I wash off fast and get dressed. I'm pissed I can't play. I really wanted Riley to see me play. I wanted to impress her and knowing her Dad is a big fan of Blake's, I wanted to impress him. So much for that plan.

Coming out, I see Dad and one of the coaches talking then Matt motions to me and the conversation ends. What was that about?

"Come on slugger. I think there's a girl waiting to kiss it all better." Blake slings his arm over my shoulder and the four of us walk out.

I wait until we're away from the locker room and we're alone walking down the tunnel to get up to the stands before I say anything. Once it's just us I ask my question.

"What were you talking to the coach about? Dad I've told you I don't want to throw around the Bradford name to get privileges. I want to earn my spot!" I know he wants to do what's best for me but I know he learned from grandpa Mike and we've all heard what he did.

Dad spent the most time with grandpa. He was already working in the company when grandpa died, he was trained by him. My Dad's a good man. I just worry that he's too much like grandpa sometimes. I don't remember much of the old man but I've heard enough stories about him.

"I know that, Aiden. I just wanted to be sure he felt you were okay. I thought maybe we should take you to the hospital and have one of Grace's doctors look you over." Dad looks annoyed that I even suggested it. I look at Matt to verify he's telling the truth. He nods barely, just enough for me to see.