Chapter 34

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 34

Decisions

Georgia

"Enough of this hovering over me like I'm on my deathbed! I'm fine!" Swatting at Blake's hands as he tries to take my tablet and notebook away from me reminds of when he was little and our roles were reversed. That boy was born with eight arms and a hot wheel was always in each of them.

How many of those little cars have I stepped on over the years?

Blake closes out my screen and sets it on the table. Pulling my phone from under my arm he takes that away from me as well. Placing the nurse's call button into my hand instead, he hovers over me. Filling my water glass and fluffing my pillow.

"You're a champ fluffer, honey. But I'm working. Why don't you fluff Emma's pillows for a while? I bet she'd love to get fluffed." I suggest letting my inappropriate innuendo settle for a moment.

Blake understands my meaning and rolls his eyes at me. His mind is usually in the gutter. And I know exactly where he got it from. Chuckling at the red that's creeping up his neck, I know I've just embarrassed my boy.

It's only been a few days, Ma. Give us a break. We almost lost you." Blake touches the bandage on my head and gives me that look. The one that tells me I scared him. I've only seen this expression a few times in his life, but I know it's meaning.

God Lord, what are they going to do when I'm actually dying?

I love my children and all of my family, but at the moment, they are driving me crazy. I had surgery, no big deal. People have surgeries everyday and most of them live normal lives afterwards. You'd think I had a brain transplant, a triple bypass and cancer.

It was a tumor pressing against my brain. I'll admit there were a few scary moments with it but I'm still here. Kicking and screaming, I might add. I know this scared the family. It shook them to the core. Thank God for Jake and Grace to watch over me and report back to the family. I know everyone appreciated it more than they admit.

"For a woman who just had surgery on her brain, yes. You're doing good. It doesn't mean you're in shape to plan a party! Damn it, Ma! Will you just rest for Christ sake!?" Blake argues with me. I know he got that mouth of his from me.  Frustrated and at his wits end with me, he pulls at his hair and spins in a circle groaning all the way around. "Ma, please. Aiden and I will plan the party."

Oh, that won't do.

Does he think the doctors removed a part of my brain? Does he think I'd allow those two frat boys to mess up one of my events? I've seen the kind of parties the men in my family put together. It will be on a football field with BBQ grills, big buckets of beer and tailgating. And a game of football to round it out. That is not the refined, academia kind of event I had in mind.

"I appreciate the help, honey. I do. Where did you think you'd have it?" I brace for his response.

Blake rubs his chin and finally takes a seat next to me.  Calming down thinking I'm going to allow him his way. "Well, Emma and I were talking about it. She thinks we could use the ballroom at the Hightower. She thinks a quartet in the foyer would be nice and assigned seating. Filet medallions and fingerling potatoes. Aiden and I were thinking a little less stuffy, like something outdoors, relaxed, more college driven. Hamburgers and hotdogs, beer, maybe a pickup game of football."

Yep! I was right!

"I think Emma and I should work on it together. Maybe Chloe and Isabelle can help too." I reach out to snatch up my tablet and open it up and start making notes again.