Chapter 22

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 22

Aiden

I should have known that Leighton would worm her way into an invitation tonight. I should have planned to deal with her better than I am. I know how she is about these red carpet deals. She would find a way here including manipulating her parents in the process. It's not like she hasn't done it before.

I don't seem to be handling my dad any better. It's like he's forgotten about everything I told him about Leighton and what's been happening with her. Why would he just ignore everything I've said to appease Leighton or her parents?

I don't understand it.

Standing in line to get Grandma and Riley drinks, Dad joins me. He's not sly about his intentions, he doesn't even try to hide it. I know he's getting me alone so he can say his piece without Grandma getting involved. That's fine, I've got a few things to say to him too. I don't think Grandma would approve of my comments either.

"Aiden, you can't do this. We have an arrangement with the Greers. It's important for you to work out what problems you have with Leighton. You need to get things back on track." Turning slowly, I'm appalled at what is coming out of my dad's mouth right now.

"An arrangement? What fucking arrangement? I was in high school when I started dating her! I wasn't aware of any arrangement. What did you do, Dad!?" My temper was easily getting the best of me.

"It's nothing that concerns you. It's business Aiden. Just fix this with Leighton now. If you want the little mouse for your side piece..."

"Side piece?" I yelled louder than planned and had several people around us turning around to stare at us. "What the fuck is wrong with you!? She's my girlfriend and I won't fix anything with Leighton."

"Okay! Enough! Let's go for a walk."Matt stopped our conversation before it could go any further. Blake and Matt pulled us from the line and pushed us out the side door to the garden.

They moved us away from the main building to a gazebo in the garden. We were far enough from the event that we wouldn't attract attention and we were in a darker area of the garden so the press can't see who's out here.

"What the fuck are you two arguing over?" Blake glares between us.

"Ask him! He made the fucking arrangement apparently!" I barked out pissed that I didn't realize he had done something to screw with me. I should have known better. Clenching my fists, I'm barely keeping my mouth in check.

Matt steps between us. He's known my dad since they were kids. Matt's a part of this family not just because of his marriage to Chels but because he has been one of us from the beginning. He knows us inside and out. Grandma, I know, trusts him completely.

"What arrangement, Adam?" Matt asked his concern clear in his eyes, his face and his voice.

Blake wasn't as laid back as he turned on his brother and stepped forward getting in his face and pronouncing every word through gritted teeth. "What did you do now?"

Now? What does he mean now? Has my dad done something else that's pissed off the family? I know I'm not around the house as much being in college but I thought my family was pretty solid growing up. Sure we have our fights but this sounds like a lot more than just an argument between them.

"It's not your concern. It's Bradford Engineering business."  Dad gets that snotty tone that I know Blake hates.

Grabbing the lapels of his jacket, Blake slams my dad against the beam behind him. "I'm a Bradford so it sure as fuck concerns me! Now what did you do!?"