Chapter 21

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 21

Aiden

I forgot what the date was

I know I was reminded several times by the girls, by the guys and mostly by Grandma. I know I've been distracted this week with a big project in my marketing class, a test in Econ and learning that scouts are coming to the next game. The game I might not be playing.

It's not like I have a lot on my plate. I haven't seen much of Riley and that's definitely sucked putting my mind in a place where I'm thinking about the last time we were together to keep from going crazy. I'm not handling this well and it's starting to show.

I'm usually good about keeping my schedule on the calendar. I'm good about writing everything down to get it into my calendar. I had the project and the test. I even have the scouts on it. But I completely forgot to add the gala to my calendar and now I'm late.

"It's about fucking time you got here. We're gonna be late to get over to pick up the girls now." Sawyer growled as he tried to tie his tie. He's got a huge thing about being late to anything. Not that I don't. It's been drilled into all of us that to be on time we have to be ten minutes early. "And even though we'll have to wait a half hour for the girls, you know we aren't allowed to make them wait for us."

"Yeah. Why is that anyway?" Wyatt came in, his tie resting undone around his neck. "Every girl I've dated has made me wait at least twenty minutes for them to get pulled together. How hard is it really to slap some makeup on and throw on some clothes?"

"Longer than I'm at the gym." Harper grumbles. "Come on, Aiden. You need to hurry up."

"I forgot the gala was tonight, okay?! I was dealing with coach. He's pissed I fucked up the last game. Now he thinks he should start Morris instead of me this week and I know that Uncle Matt has arranged for scouts from the Chargers and Rams to come see me play this week." The tone of my voice says everything. I'm in no mood for this thing tonight but I have no choice.

Family comes first

"That'll suck if you aren't playing. Bet Morris will love you for it." Harper grins knowing I'm in no mood.

"Bite me, bitch!" Flipping him off and turning away from them, I grab my tux from the closet and toss it to the bed.

As I drag my shirt over my head and go into the bathroom, I hear the three fucktards teasing me about my situation. Starting the shower, I think about how I'm going to get coach back to my way of thinking. I'll have to talk with Uncle Blake and Matt to see what they can work out for me.

Today was bad enough but it's been a shit week for me. First I made the mistake on Monday of asking the foundation about Riley's check that Grandma had ordered and got my ass ripped by the foundation curator because it's none of my business who gets what. Just because I'm a Bradford doesn't mean I run the school.

I mean, really bitch?

If I wanted to I could write Riley a check myself and take care of this for her but I know Riley would just shred it up. That's after she chewed me out for trying to pay her way. She's been crystal clear about the subject. Riley wants nothing to do with my money.

Then, my Econ class had a surprise test that, yeah I wasn't prepared for. I've slacked off in the class lately to make time to spend with Riley. If she knew that I would be spending less time with her than I am.

I worked my ass off on my marketing presentation. Then I found out that all the work I'd done needed to be videotaped and submitted to three people in the class to give feedback on it. I fucked that up big time and rushed to at least get it in late and get partial credit for the work. No A for me.