Chapter 7

Watashi No Ai

CHAPTER 9

Holding the set of crayons that I got from my side table, I rushed downstairs while calling out my Mom.

"Mom! Mom!" I shouted.

"MOMMY!!!" I yelled when I got no response from her. I'm almost at the end of stairs, why isn't she coming?

I stopped on the last staircase and inhaled all the air that's coming my way, "MO—"

"Ryuddaeng, why are you doing super saiyan on the stairs again?" Mom showed with apron on and her hair is tie in low bun. She probably came from the kitchen.

"Because you ain't responding quick!" I said before running towards her, "look Mom! Remember last time when Dad and I had a video call? He told me he would give me a set of crayons through magic and I saw this when I woke up!" I cheerfully showed the pack of crayons I'm holding. I'll bring this 24 set of crayons in school, I bet they would be envious coz they only got 16!

"Wow...Daddy is truly amazing, right?" Mom pats my head while smiling. I tiptoes while trying to reach her shoulder that's why she quickly lifted me up and carried me when she noticed.

"I'm cooking braised beef, it's your favorite." she said while walking towards the kitchen.

"Ah ah! My crayons Mommy!" I said. All I can do is to look at my crayons which she placed on top of a shelf.

"Open it after having breakfast," Mom stated so I pouted and leaned my face on her shoulder instead. "I'm gonna tell your Dad that you're being bad if you keep being like that, Ryujin-ah."

"I'm not bad kid, Mom..." I murmured as I turned my face in front to look at what she's cooking.

"Ryuddaeng is a good kid, isn't she?" Mom said. I smiled and holds my ear, "aw Ryuddaeng's ear is getting red because she got complimented.." she mumbled so I lifted my head up to look at her with a wide smile.

"Mommy how many corols are there inside 24 set of crayons?" I curiously asked. I know it's a lot than 16 because it's bigger.

"There's 24, can't you still count up to 24 huh?" Mom's hand brushed onto my hair and left it with a pat.

"I can! It's one two three four five six...seven?" I looked up to Mom with a pout but she just responded with a smile. "Eight! Nine ten eleven thirteen twelve...one two three— four...fourteen...fiveteen...?" Mom laughs that made me frown.

"Who taught you fiveteen, Ryujin-ah? I told you to come to me and ask for help with your studies instead of playing outside, you stubborn kiddo."

"It's because four is to fourteen! So five is fiveteen and six is sixteen then seven is seventeen! So why am I wrong??? I'm not wrong Mommy!"  I exclaimed. Mom turned off the stove before moving forward to the dining table and carefully putting me above.

"Oh yeah my stubborn baby is right. Have you been listening to your teacher, number 24?" Mom asked while bringing out some plates.