Chapter 11

Watashi No Ai

CHAPTER 21

I throw the present that Dad gave, "I don't like this." I said while looking at him.

"R-Ryujin, you shouldn't have done that.." Mom came from behind and cupped my shoulder.

"I don't like it!" I exclaimed.

"Then what do you like? You wished for it last year and now—"

"Last year, Dad! I don't need it anymore!" I yelled at him.

"Tell me what you like, Daddy will buy it for you." he tried to come close but I avoided him by stepping my feet back.

"Tell your Dad, Ryuddaeng.." Mom murmured.

"You know what I like even before!" I said before running upstairs.

I just want his presence as my Dad. I hate how I call myself a Daddy's girl but he was never here in the first place.

"Ryujin!" Mom, chasing over me.

I quickly went inside my room and locked it.

"Ryujin..." she's knocking on the door but I didn't dare to answer.

My reddened eyes and nose were still visible on the mirror. I sat on the floor while hugging my knees.

"She's just 12, Wendy! Look at her! Did you hear how your own daughter talked back?!" it's Dad...

"Come here," I heard Mom. I know they're going in their room by their footsteps.

"Why can't you discipline her?!"

I gritted my teeth hearing him raising his voice at Mom. They're fighting because of me. It's always me.

"Aren't you the one who spoiled her too much? Don't blame it on me, your daughter is longing for you." eventhough Mom talks more with lower voice, I could still hear her.

"You're here with her all along! And you're blaming it on me? Seriously?! I'm just giving her everything she wants to fulfill my role as her father!"

"And you really think that's enough? Stupid!"

"Y'know our situation, Wendy. You could've at least be wise at fooling your daughter." Dad stated that made me even angry.

"How wise? Should I tell her that her Dad couldn't come home at least twice a year because he needed to spend more time with his first family?" Mom said.

I covered my ears, hoping I won't hear any longer but the voices keep on coming back in my mind.

"Should I just abandon this family? Tell her I was killed in action—"

"Bullshit! You know nothing about family, about raising a kid and understanding a kid!"

I went out of my room while wiping my tears. I just wish I didn't hear that right...Dad promised me every single thing on this world. From material things to family events I could experience. He's the best Dad ever...he's my hero...and a hero can't fool his fan.