Chapter 9

Watashi No Ai

CHAPTER 16

Everyday, it feels so exciting going to school especially when Yeji started spending more time with me tho we're not in the same grade... especially when I started following her in the library. It's fun watching her study or watching her reading novels. It's fun sharing the pair of earphones together and listen to the same song. I love falling asleep beside her...or in front of her...I like falling asleep, watching her.

Maybe because we're too close already? I keep telling my Mom that I'm matured already because I can stand a day without playing as long as I'm with Yeddeong but she won't believe me and told me I'm using Yeji as an excuse. Grown ups will always be grown ups— they don't believe on kid's opinion.

"I wanna grow up so bad..." I murmured while gently hitting my forehead on my desk with my shut eyes.

"Me too, Ryujinnie. We can try smoking and drinking if we're already grown ups!" Yena said with a slam on the table that's why I turned to her side and looked at her sharply.

"You don't need to slam the table you know I'm doing the thing." I said, referring to me playfully hitting my forehead on the table.

"What thing huh? Why notice what I did instead of what I said?" her duck lips even puckered while speaking.

"She's doing the sad girl/boy thingy." Lip said out of nowhere. Sheez why won't she just focus on drawing stickman war on her notebook.

"What's that?" Yena and I asked in unison.

"It's when your girlfriend or boyfriend is manipulative and everytime they did something wrong they would go— I'm sorry honey bunch sugar plum I'm just like this, and punch the wall." Lip said with an act that made us three laugh tho I don't clearly understand it all. But the wall punch is funny tho...and does couple really call themselves honey bunch sugar plum? Pumpy-umpi-umpkin you are my sweetie pie!

I thought it's a song...but now I know couples call themselves like that. I wonder why Mom and Dad only call each other honey.

"Why does my Mom calls my Dad honey?" I curiously asked.

"You're nine already why didn't you know it? Honey is sweet so couples often have that call sign." Lip said.

"Yeah! That's the call sign!" Yena agreed like she knows it all when in fact she doesn't, she's dumbest among us tho.

"What's a call sign?" I asked again.

"It's what you call the person you love! You give each other call signs like baby, babe, sweetie or you choose if you wanna call her mosquito or flies. It depends on you and you two only call each other that way, no other person allowed." Lip explained. How did she know all about that?

"How did you know that, Lippie?!" I asked in amazement.

"Shh...quiet, I'll tell you when you're not kid anymore." she said, looking so proud of herself.

"We're just the same age dumb." I murmured as I turned my gaze on the open door. I wonder if Yeji don't have class anymore...