Chapter 12

Watashi No Ai

CHAPTER 23

The sound of a marker hitting on the wall behind awaken me. I look at Yena that's why she took a glimpse at our teacher before looking at me again.

"W-Why, teacher?" I asked. What's wrong again?

"NUMBER 17, GET OUT!" she shouted while pointing her stick on the door.

"Why?" I cluelessly asked.

"Why?! You're asking why?! Why are you even still studying when you do nothing here in school!" Ms. Lee bursted.

The whole class were all eyes on me again. Even if I tell myself that I'm used to it, I can't help but to feel humiliated. She could've at least talk to me calmly after class.

"Come on, Ryujin..." Lip, poking my hand, telling me to go.

"GET OUT!"

I grabbed my bag as I kick my chair from behind out of madness. Why do they always like humiliating me? What did I do wrong? Ever since...I was never taught, I was always humiliated.

"You're really rude, aren't you? I heard your father is part of Navy, how can he have a daughter like you, Ms. Shin?" she stated that's why I stopped on the center while looking at her sharply, "don't show your face at me if you'd act like that. I'm not like your other teachers." she pointed the stick straight on my forehead but I hit it with my right hand, causing it to fall on the floor.

I saw how her jaw tense but it didn't scare me a bit, "tomorrow, check your seat if there's chewed bubble gum, teacher." I mumbled.

"GET OUT OF MY CLASS!" her face turned red, looking so mad without breaking her eye contact with me.

"Ah...don't worry teacher, I don't do that thing. I'd rather put thumbtacks on the chair than chewed bubble gum." I smirked at her while walking out of her so called class, "don't worry, your bum won't hurt— you don't have it in the first place."

As usual, there's students outside too. Murmur and gossips around. Girls are good at that.

"Ryujin, you argued with Ms. Lee again?" Ms. Park asked who happened to be in the next door.

I didn't utter a word. I just bent my head down while kicking dust on the floor.

"You know she's a terror. Please don't be too rude." her hand placed on my head, brushing it lightly.

"She threw a marker on me while I was sleeping. She could've at least talk to me calmly..." I said while biting my lower lip.

"Don't wish for it. Go to your best friend now, I still have on going class." Ms. Park said so I nodded.

When I peeked to Yeji's room, she's still in class so I went inside the nearest rest room instead.

I feel like everywhere I go, there's eyes watching over me. Am I bad? Am I rude? I just want them to ask me if I'm fine. I just want them to notice that I ain't. I want them to explain things to me. I want them to tell me that they do understand me...didn't they see before that I was a scared kiddo when I talk back? That I was a hesitant bully. That...I don't like what I'm doing?